The Backlog Check-in Vol. 97: 11/9/19: Pokémon Sword & Shield/Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 97: 11/9/19: Pokémon Sword & Shield/Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Added: Dragon Quest Heroes II, Need For Speed Payback

I'm still playing Dragon Quest XI, and some of the complaints that I had with it are thankfully not really issues anymore such as difficulty and incentive to explore. The challenge has picked up, I was having trouble beating the last boss that I fought. It made combat more fun since I couldn't just put it on autopilot and win. Also, the ocean has opened up and there's a lot of islands to explore off the beaten path. Not to mention that I've been finding some hidden treasure chests in the environments that have been rewarding me with some good stuff. So I'm back to having a really good time with it, and I don't have too much to complain about at this point.

Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order come out this week.
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 97: 11/9/19: Pokémon Sword & Shield/Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Luigi's Mansion 3, Trine Ultimate Collection, Indivisible, Evoland Legendary Ed., Rage 2, AI: The Somnium Files

Last couple of weeks: Mostly The Outer Worlds and Luigi's Mansion 3

This week: Same. Will probably pick up Pokemon Friday.

I haven't played as much of TOW as I would like, mainly because by the time I get home on weeknights, get settled & eat it's already late enough where I know if I start it I'll be up way too late. That said, I have over 20 hours into it, it's still on track to being my GOTY and I'm still not even half-way through the game.

Luigi's Mansion is great as well, and it has more of a pick up & play for short bursts quality to it. The animations are fantastic in this game, and I've been grabbing lots of screenshots. I'll post some later on in the screenshot thread.

Everything else I've picked up has either been from the b2g1 sale that Target ran, getting more obscure games that are less likely to go on sale in the coming weeks (tho I'm leaving them sealed for now just in case, so I can return them if necessary), Rage 2 from Gamestop's Pro Day sale this weekend ($17 used was my price) and Evoland was a Super Rare Games release for the Switch.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 97: 11/9/19: Pokémon Sword & Shield/Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 31 games

Did a couple of story missions in Odyssey, but also a lot more side stuff.

Glad to hear you're back to enjoying DQ XI more, Phase. There are definitely some chests in random places, so search all over!