The Backlog Check-in Vol. 104: 12/28/19: Happy New Year Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 104: 12/28/19: Happy New Year Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Borderlands 3

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Borderlands 3

Added: Borderlands 3, The Division 2, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, The Outer Worlds, Rage 2, Resident Evil 2

I've been playing Borderlands 3, and enjoying my time with it. I don't like it quite as much as Borderlands 2 based on what I've played of it so far, but it's better than The Pre-Sequel. It's basically more Borderlands with a new story, playable characters and locations. I'm glad that they didn't try and reinvent the wheel with it, but it does feel a bit same-y to Borderlands 2 without being quite as good IMO.

The humor is more miss than hit, and the amount of guns is kind of ridiculous. Of course it's nice to acquire better guns, but you have to weed through tons of similar ones to find better ones than you're already using. The previous games had less loot, but it was more significant. This game has loot EVERYWHERE, and a lot of it is same-y. It gets a little tedious constantly having to go into your inventory and cycle through tons of guns, grenade mods and shields that you looted just to try and see if anything is better than what you already have. The same is true for the vending machines that sell these things as they're full of same-y stuff with only slight differences. The game didn't need so much of this stuff in it since it bogs down the pace constantly going through it all.

Other than that, it's nice to be playing a new Borderlands game since I really like the series. I started two games one with Amara and one with Moze to decide which I prefer, and I liked Moze a little more so I stuck with her. Her Iron Bear mech has been a lifesaver in a lot of situations, I couldn't imagine some of the situations in the game without it.

Happy New Year!
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 104: 12/28/19: Happy New Year Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey DLC

Now Playing: Untitled Goose Game

Added to Backlog: Untitled Goose Game

Current Backlog: 34 games

Odyssey is in the books! Gonna rank this one 3rd in the series after II and IV but before Brotherhood and Origins. Gonna try to finish 1 more game this year so I bought Untitled Goose Game and have 2 days to complete it before starting Spider-Man.

Happy New Year, everyone!