The Backlog Check-in Vol. 106: 1/11/20: How Those Resolutions Coming Along Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 106: 1/11/20: How Those Resolutions Coming Along Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Spider-Man

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 33 games

I'm about 34% complete with Spider-Man, enjoying it immensely still.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 106: 1/11/20: How Those Resolutions Coming Along Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm still playing Spider-man as well. I think I'm at about 29%. I get sidetracked fighting regular crimes. :P

I'm also still playing The Show '19 and still haven't put down Harvest Moon ToTT.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
sonuckles

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 106: 1/11/20: How Those Resolutions Coming Along Edition

Post by sonuckles »

I'm mostly just playing Horizon Zero Dawn, but I did put a little time into Infamous Second Son. Both are really solid games so far. There's an awful lot of these open world games on the PS4.

I put a veeeeery little time into Witcher 3 on Switch. I feel like I'd play it more if it wasn't for the PS4. It's a game I've been meaning to get to for forever and a day. I'm a little bummed how low-rez and smeary it looks, but that's the Switch for you. I wish CDPR would throw us Switchers a bone and implement the cross-platform saves. I'd love to play the game on PC when I'm at home, then download the save to the Switch and play it on the go.

With that in mind, I've been messing around with my Vita lately. After realizing I could do the remote play with it, I ordered a new case from China that fakes the L2, R2, L3, and R3 buttons. I also threw moonlight on the Vita, so now in theory I can stream PC and PS4 to it. It's a little janky on PC. For whatever reasons it tends to forget that it's an X-Input controller and it only uses the mouse + keyboard controls, which just throws everything off. I'm also trying to get one of those SD2Vita adapters to work with the system so I can upgrade from my (way super expensive) 16GB Vita card to a 128GB micro SD.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I'm still playing Borderlands 3, and finding it to be somewhat of a disappointment. Instead of being an open world game like the first two games, it's more directed where you go to different small planets that have linear layouts and play out like straight forward FPS levels where you basically go from point A to point B fighting wave after wave of enemies. It lacks the adventure feel of the first two games, and feels more like a series of continuous battles throughout somewhat confined environments. The shooting combat is solid, but shooting is all that you do. There's no exploration or sense of discovery, it's just going forward and shooting wave after wave of enemies like a more traditional FPS.

The story and characters aren't very good, and the humor is stupid for the most part. It has its moments every so often, but overall nothing is all that engaging. The environments look good and there's a decent variety of enemies, but it's basically a shooter and nothing else. It's also fairly challenging (especially the bullet sponge bosses) so I dropped the difficulty down to "easier" which the name implies is easier but not easy, and I haven't noticed much of a difference.

I'm sticking with it for now because I'm finding it mildly entertaining, but I'm not sure that it will hold my interest until the end especially when I have so many other games waiting to be played.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Anyone else look at their 2019 PlayStation Wrapup? https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campa ... 19/wrap-up

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

jfissel wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 pm Anyone else look at their 2019 PlayStation Wrapup? https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campa ... 19/wrap-up
Yeah, I saw mine too j. Maybe I'll post when I've got a bit more time. Cool stuff.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
sonuckles

Post by sonuckles »

jfissel wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 pm Anyone else look at their 2019 PlayStation Wrapup? https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campa ... 19/wrap-up
I can only imagine how sparse mine will be.

EDIT: As expected, it only caught a handful of PSOne classics from my Vita. I did finally get around to finishing both Final Fantasy Tactics and Arc the Lad 2.