The Backlog Check-in Vol. 107: 1/18/20: Packing Up Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 107: 1/18/20: Packing Up Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Spider-Man

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 33 games

I called this the "Packing Up" edition because that's literally what I'm doing right now in preparation for a move in a few weeks. I finally bought my own place! So today I was working on packing up my video games, which are taking up enough boxes on their own between the games, collectables, guides, consoles, accessories, etc. Still plenty of boxes to fill though...
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 107: 1/18/20: Packing Up Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Congrats on getting your own place j, and good luck on your move.

I'm still playing Spidey, MLB The Show and Harvest Moon ToTT. I also started Rakuen on PC - from the same developer of To The Moon. I can already tell it really wants to make me cry. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Congrats J! :D

Games added: Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore, Medievil (remake), Dragon Quest Builders 2

Last week(s): Finished Just Cause 4, played Pokemon Sword, TMS, Axiom Verge, Witcher 3 (Hearts of Stone DLC)

This week: More of the same.

JC4 was pretty good. First JC game I've ever finished. It wasn't mind-blowing, but it was good dumb fun. No way I'd do all the side stuff tho, there's a ton of it and just playing through the main story had me ready to move on by the end.

I never got around to playing TMS on my Wii U, but I'm really enjoying the Switch port so far. I'd say a good description is Persona Lite. Also, after watching through The Witcher season 1 on Netflix (which is incredible btw) I got the bug to play some more of the game. Tam tells me that the Blood & Wine expansion is the best, but I'm really enjoying Hearts of Stone right now. We'll see if I play through both expansions or save B&W for later, just depends on my mood after I finish this one.

Sucks about all the recent game delays, but I'd rather have a good game than a buggy mess at release so I'll manage. On the plus side, the delay of Cyberpunk means that Doom Eternal is back on my day-1 list. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

sonuckles

Post by sonuckles »

Hey congrats on the house, j! Good luck with the move. It is very tiring. The wife, kiddo, and I all moved in August, and I still have 2 massive boxes filled with games in my basement right now.

Anyway, this week I'm still on Horizon Zero Dawn. Such a fantastic game. I also threw PopoloCrois on my Vita for some unknown reason. It's a cute little RPG, but so very bare bones. By default the game literally plays itself. I'm just waiting til I get my new Vita case with L2/3 and R2/3 buttons so I can actually make use out of the remote play feature of the PS4. I'm still struggling over whether I should play The Witcher 3 on Switch or use the Vita to remote play it via Moonlight on PC. It's just so blurry on the Switch.

Today I set my Vive up in the office. I don't have quite the room to move around that I did in the old house, but I've got enough to make do. I played through a run of Accounting+, but apparently there are 3 more levels I missed in this go around. I'll have to poke around to see if I can find more. Steam was being real wonky this evening and jumping between 11MB/s and 0, so I couldn't really download much more of my VR library to see how those will work in the new space.