The Backlog Check-in Vol. 109: 2/1/20: Dawn of Fear Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 109: 2/1/20: Dawn of Fear Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Borderlands 3, The Division 2, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Finished (playing): Borderlands 3

Playing: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Added: The Division, Metro Exodus, Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

I'm done with Borderlands 3, unlike the first two games that were balanced properly to be played single player - this one isn't. The amount of enemies constantly coming in waves, and the bullet sponge bosses prove that this was specifically made to be played co-op. The bosses are the biggest problem as they take a ridiculous amount of damage to defeat. But I was only mildly enjoying it from the start anyway since it's more of a directed linear level based FPS instead of one big open world game like the first two. It's probably the most disappointing game for me this generation considering that Borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games.

I started playing The Division 2, and quickly realized that it's a continuation to the first game so I want to play that before playing the sequel. I started playing Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, and while it's a sequel to Wildlands it has a somewhat different vibe to it as it's more story/character heavy and lone wolf focused lacking the three AI teammates that were in Wildlands. It's more of what Wildlands offered before it, but taking place in a new game world. Based on what I've played so far the overall fun factor of Wildlands seems to be missing a bit, but I still think that I'm going to enjoy it.

Dawn of Fear comes out this week.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 109: 2/1/20: Dawn of Fear Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I still need to play a Borderlands title. I've considered it many times, but just haven't done it.

I'm still playing Spider-man (getting close to the end) and Rakuen (also getting close to the end) and MLB The Show (have a record of 22-22 in my current franchise) and Harvest Moon Tott (in the summer of year 3).

Still really enjoying everything I'm playing.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Spider-Man DLC

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 32 games

Had to unhook the PS4 and put away the big TV in order to sell some things, so I haven't played much of anything. Closing on Wed, moving on Thurs!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

jfissel wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 pm Closing on Wed, moving on Thurs!

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: DQ Builders 2, Medievil, The Crew 2, Timespinners

Last whatever: Finished the Hearts of Stone DLC in Witcher 3. Played some Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom and probably dabbled with some other things I'm forgetting.

This week: More of those 2

Monster Boy is awesome - surprised I haven't played it sooner, as much as I enjoyed Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap a couple years ago.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Closing went well, and most everything is in the new place! Just some odds and ends to take over by myself and then it'll be a lot of unpacking. But of course I'll get that PS4 out as soon as possible. ;)