The Backlog Check-in Vol. 115: 3/14/20: Animal Crossing: New Horizons/Doom Eternal Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 115: 3/14/20: Doom Eternal Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:26 pm You should play The Division or The Division 2 if you want to play games that closely resemble the current situation in the world. ;)
Yeah, maybe I'll dive into one of those one day. I really ought to go back and revisit The Long Dark. That's my favorite survival/apocalypse type game ever.

Edit: Nice to see you crim! Don't be a stranger! :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 115: 3/14/20: Animal Crossing: New Horizons/Doom Eternal Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Hey izzy!

So I think I found an unlikely duo of games to bounce between last night: Yuri's baller ass big balling hat and Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.

I have Shadow of Mordor since I got my PS4 for Xmas in 2017. Then I bought the ridiculously good deal they had at Xmas for Shadow of War for $15? It was cheap. I was going for Spidey but then remembered people saying Mordor had Arkham style combat too. So I gave it an hour or two last night and it's good! I got rivals already and whatnot because I absolutely suck at it thus far and the lore is...a lot. But I look forward to bouncing between this and Vesperia and possibly moving on to Shadow of War since you can move your rival to that game which sounds really interesting...

Huh, guess posting by phone isn't THAT bad...
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:25 pm Played this week: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 36 (14 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Back to DQ this week and having a lot of fun. j, did you get 100% on that one? Platinum? If so, how long did it take you, if you recall?
Hi cane, sorry for the delay in answering your question. I did get the platinum (not sure about 100%) and my notes are the following: "Story beat in 71:30 at level 54, postgame completed in 101:44"
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:38 pm Old man! How the hell are you?

And I had Dragon's Crown on the PS3. Beat it once. Moved to NYC. Beat it 4 more times on the Vita with other characters as it was my subway game for like a year. Got married, beat it with the last character while cruising on the honeymoon. That game is comfort food. It just cheers me up. It was only $10 on PSN, so I grabbed it.
I'm good! I lived in Arizona for a few years but I'm back on the East Coast (Maryland) and the grandfather of a wonderful 1-year-old girl. :o

I hear you about Dragon's Crown, it's so good. I should get it on PS4.
jfissel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 pm Hi cane, sorry for the delay in answering your question. I did get the platinum (not sure about 100%) and my notes are the following: "Story beat in 71:30 at level 54, postgame completed in 101:44"
Thanks for the info. I'm about 55 hours in, level 40. Such a fun game.