The Backlog Check-in Vol. 120: 4/18/20: Trials of Mana Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 120: 4/18/20: Trials of Mana Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

I'm on the last chapter of Ys VIII, and the end is in sight. As much as I've enjoyed my time with the game, I'm ready to wrap it up and move onto something else at this point.

Trials of Mana comes out this week.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 120: 4/18/20: Trials of Mana Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 34 games

Started Yakuza Kiwami 2, already loving bashing heads in and finding locker keys. 8-)
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I started Curious Expedition on PC, and it has been really fun. You're an adventurer (you can pick from real world historical figures) and go on a guest for fame and glory in a race against other historical adventurers. So much can go wrong as you search for 6 golden temples, accumulating artifacts along with crew and supplies to aid you in your journey along the way. Really fun. Lots of variables make every adventure very different and exciting.

I also started the Shadow of the Colossus remake, and of course, I love that game. It looks good, but I'm not sure how I feel about some of the changes both visually and otherwise.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Played: AC Origins

Beat: AC Origins

Playing: Probably Prototype some more, it's mindless and hollow enough I can't be disappointed in any place that game decides to go. KH3 Remind...I have like 2 bosses left, I just want to play more KH. Might actually start Odyssey. Origins left me a little cold...

So. Let's talk. One reason I detest FFX is it's NOT Tidus's story. At all. Origins has the exact same problem but you don't find out until like the last hour that Egyptian Kazuma is clearly not who this game should have been about. The biggest problem with this is they should have made the game about Aya. The gameplay, Bayek, the graphics, chef's kiss! But they clearly weren't nearly as interested a in Bayek as they were Aya. It should have flipped and had the player be majority Aya and snippets of Bayek. Left such a bad taste in my mouth. I got the gold edition with the DLC and that sounds interesting but man, they totally botched the landing here.

Oh. The real world stuff. Why? Seriously, it's just awful and tainted a sorry ending even more. It didn't even go anywhere!

Also, thinking of going down the PSNow hole since it's only $45 for a year now. I have a robust enough online. I might try it free for a week then decide.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

So I beat all the PS4 Yakuza games and Judgement already and was going to sit here and start up my replay of the Yakuza collection with 3 but the big in Japan sale had Fist of the mother******* North Star for $20! More Yakuza style antics but with exploding heads! I had this physical but I loaned it to a coworker who also loves Yakuza (he loaned me Judgement in exchange) . But I won't be getting it back before September. I had the time now and wanted it for cheap digitally and now I will be YATTATATATATATA ing all week and my wife will have to deal with it. I can't wait

Look, she married me, she knew the deal, she could have said I don't :P