The Backlog Check-in Vol. 125: 5/23/20: Next Gen Can Wait Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 125: 5/23/20: Next Gen Can Wait Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 pm He says everyone, but everyone is different which is why most games offer different difficulty settings to suit everyone's differences. But From Software games aren't for everyone, and I can respect that.

By the way, I get what you're saying about how a person approaches and plays From Software games can determine the type of overall challenge that they present, but they usually require more patience, time commitment and trial-and-error than a lot of people are willing to put into them.

At the end of the day video games are entertainment, and a lot of people just want to get instant fun and gratification from them instead of having to put a lot of work into them to get it. That doesn't necessarily mean that they want a free lunch, but they also don't want to have pay a lot for it either if that makes sense.
Well entertainment is enjoyed and measured differently by different people. Creators can make whatever they like and I don't try to demand they do it differently for me personally. For example, I don't demand Ubisoft make good games. I let those who like garbage enjoy their garbage. :twisted: :P It's ok with me.
Phaseknox wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 pm FPSs aren't my go-to genre either, but I still like to play a good one every now and then and what you're saying about Bulletstorm is really high praise and makes me want to play it sooner rather than later.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

PS5 event on June 4th at 4pm Eastern!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:49 amWell entertainment is enjoyed and measured differently by different people. Creators can make whatever they like and I don't try to demand they do it differently for me personally.
I agree. I don't try to demand that From Software do it differently for me personally, but unfortunately despite me really liking everything about their games (except for their punishing difficulties that require you to "git gud") I don't have the patience and/or tolerance for the type of trial-and-error gameplay that's basically necessary to get through them. With that said, I'm still playing Bloodborne. ;)
isthatallyougot wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:49 amFor example, I don't demand Ubisoft make good games. I let those who like garbage enjoy their garbage. :twisted: :P It's ok with me.
How many Ubisoft games have you played? While there's no denying that they make some less than stellar games, they definitely make some really good ones too.
jfissel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:39 pmPS5 event on June 4th at 4pm Eastern!
8-)
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:40 pm How many Ubisoft games have you played? While there's no denying that they make some less than stellar games, they definitely make some really good ones too.
I'm just giving you Ubi lovers a hard time. Everyone should play what they enjoy.

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

isthatallyougot wrote:
Well entertainment is enjoyed and measured differently by different people. Creators can make whatever they like and I don't try to demand they do it differently for me personally. For example, I don't demand Ubisoft make good games. I let those who like garbage enjoy their garbage. :twisted: :P It's ok with me.
Buh buh buh...I like the Assassin's Creed games. Well, the last two. Guess since izzy finds them to be trash he must also think I'm trash :( ... :P

I really did on the whole enjoy Origins and Odyssey is the thing that's getting me through these fraught moments currently. It's kinda dumb but I appreciate being led by the nose through this rather pretty game. I tried The Witcher 3 again and immediately (seriously, less than a minute) closed it down. I went to the inventory menu and there's soooooo much with tutorial text boxes to explain each icon and you have to press X after each box, why is this game like that! It seems impenetrable. Maybe because I just played Origins but Odyssey is far, far less daunting. And kinda dumb. But that's fine, I need that right now :) .
isthatallyougot

crimson_tide wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:28 pm Buh buh buh...I like the Assassin's Creed games. Well, the last two. Guess since izzy finds them to be trash he must also think I'm trash :( ... :P
Get in the bin! :P

Maybe I'll try another AC game one day. I know the more recent ones are loved by a lot of people too.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks for the tips on the big goon in Yakuza 0. I'll avoid him until I find myself needing a cash influx.