The Backlog Check-in Vol. 130: 6/27/20: Beating The Last of Us Part II Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 130: 6/27/20: Beating The Last of Us Part II Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Dang it, you're making me go to GameFAQs? All right... :x

Well this is helpful: "X means that they're awful at catering to that type. Triangle means they're an average level. Circle means they have a good appeal there. Double Circle means they excel in that regard."

Lots of other good info too.

Thanks crim! :D
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 130: 6/27/20: Beating The Last of Us Part II Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 am Gallup Racer? I've played a few million PS2 games but not that. I assume it's horse racing?
Yeah, it's horse racing. Supposed to be really deep/good.

I would have offered my help on the hostess club, but I'm generally the type that forgets all mechanics and game elements when I'm done playing. If I pick something up again, it all makes sense again immediately though. Something about my brain compartmentalizes gaming I guess, and that part only gets activated with controller in hand, lol.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the hostess club. I do remember that you had to juggle elements to see the juggling. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I'm the same way, only worse. I forgot every mechanic and every story element after a week or so. :lol:
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

When you match up hostesses to guests, the smiley or frown-y faces will tell you if the girls' attributes are a good fit. I forgot about the X, /\, O, and OO symbols...in Kiwami 2 they replaced those with C, B, A, and S ranks which are much easier to understand. Make sure you get the hostess requests correct each time - I think you can even pause the game and look them up in that guide until you remember them all.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Oh dear lord, I broke Yakuza 2 kiwami with the hostess thing in that game because I was so good at it from Zero. Like izzy, it all came back after my first time opening and it had been years since Zero at that point. Making the compatibility thing using letters just made it that much more breezy...

Ok, I did Origins for about 60 hours (and still might go back for the DLC). I did Odyssey for 135+. Lost Paradise was 50+. Yuri's baller ass balling out hat Adventure was 50+. I think I need something shorter. I was going to finally decide between Inquisition and Witcher 3 last night but even thinking about tackling one of those is leading to analysis paralysis. I picked up Dead Rising 4 and Diablo 3. I will probably get through Rise of the Tomb Raider too. I am willing to give Watch Dogs 2 one last chance. We will see...