The Backlog Check-in Vol. 131: 7/4/20: Independence Day Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 131: 7/4/20: Independence Day Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: The Last of Us Part II

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 32 games

Currently working on the platinum in The Last of Us Part II, replaying on new game plus to get all the character and weapon upgrades.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 131: 7/4/20: Independence Day Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Still playing Madden '06 (in franchise) and Walden (PC). Having a great time with both.

And yeah, like j said, Happy belated 4th!

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Yakuza 0

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35 (13 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

I played a lot of Yakuza over the past few days. I'm trying to take down the Five Billionaires with Kaz in Chapter 10 before moving on. Such a fun game. 3 will always have a soft spot for me with the Okinawa setting and the orphanage and the surf fishing and this knucklehead...

... but I can already tell 0 is the best in the series.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Played: Analysis Paralysis 263,475: Requiem

Beat: Analysis Paralysis 263,475: Requiem

Bought: Megaman Zero Collection, Dead Rising 4, Diablo 3...I think that's it, PSN is really doing a bunch of sales the past few months and I seem to always grab something...

This week: Sleeping Dogs, MMZ Collection, Dead Rising 4, Borderlands 2, Inquisition...Analysis Paralysis 263,476: Reckoning

So I am absolutely done with The Witcher 3. I don't get it. It's just not clicking with me and I have been trying since 2018 at least to figure out that game. After beating the AC games, I kinda have no idea where to go next. I booted Watch Dogs 2 because I again just don't get it. I don't want too many things to manage. Watch Dogs and Witcher are just babysit everything. I am not into that game type anymore at the moment, feels like work. Old man has been going on and on about Zero so instead of playing Yakuza 3 again, I went with Sleeping Dogs. I didn't care for the hard boiled crime narrative vs Yakuza absurdity when I tried it years ago on the Tre but it's working for me now. It's more Judgment than Yakuza which is fine. MMZ is pretty dang awesome. DR4 is dumb but the timer is gone and to pick at for 30 or so minutes at a time it's cool. I never played Borderlands seriously and I have the summer (the foster bros are FINALLY in daycare again, 4 months of foster daddy daycare is over :D :D :D ) so I tried it last night and it kinda clicked. And something something Inquisition.

So, in an unprecedented maneuver, I beat Analysis Paralysis by splitting my focus and we will see what happens by next week...
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

I beat Sleeping Dogs. I think I love hated it. The fighting grew on me but the shooting came out of nowhere and...yikes. That was awful (is this what all cover shooters are? This is part of why I still haven't done Uncharted 4 or Lost Legacy, I think I hate cover shooters). I still hate Wei (this dickbag LITTERS and I have ty o play as him? Jesus...). That's why I stopped playing before, he's just awful, I hate his alpha male bravado and always having to be right. He's no Kazuma. And the druving... ugh, the map is too much. Too big, not enough to see or do, hard to navigate...but I beat it. Something kept me going until 1:30am ti finish the thing and it's how I spent most of the gaming this week. Maybe time to give something else short a second chance that I bounced off of too early :?: ...
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:12 am I beat Sleeping Dogs. I think I love hated it. The fighting grew on me but the shooting came out of nowhere and...yikes. That was awful (is this what all cover shooters are? This is part of why I still haven't done Uncharted 4 or Lost Legacy, I think I hate cover shooters). I still hate Wei (this dickbag LITTERS and I have ty o play as him? Jesus...). That's why I stopped playing before, he's just awful, I hate his alpha male bravado and always having to be right. He's no Kazuma. And the druving... ugh, the map is too much. Too big, not enough to see or do, hard to navigate...but I beat it. Something kept me going until 1:30am ti finish the thing and it's how I spent most of the gaming this week. Maybe time to give something else short a second chance that I bounced off of too early :?: ...
The Lost Legacy surprised me at how great it was. I mean, it's more Uncharted, in the end, but if you like that formula, it's fantastic. In the running for best in the series for me.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

With all the talk of Spiderman PS4 is to Miles Morales as Uncharted 4 is to Lost Legacy (same high quality bar just much shorter), I will likely grab Lost Legacy when it's $10 again (or hopefully free on PS+, that's how I have all the other Uncharted games). I hear it's 8-12 hours for LL vs the 25 or so for U4 which is perfectly fine for me. Everybody who seems to have seen LL through seems to Stan for it hard...

In other news, since Sleeping Dogs made me want to go back and give some sub 20 hour games a second chance, I am downloading Shadow of Mordor again. I really just bounced off because Odyssey and Origins dug their claws in HARD during the pandemic chapter 1. But I really did enjoy the 3rd person action rpg style of those two so hopefully Mordor falls in line with those. Since I own Shadow of War too, if it grabs me, I can just roll into that. That'll show analysis paralysis!

Still playing MMZ too, if you are really into Mega Man you should grab this collection, I am really digging it since I never touched the Zero games!