The Backlog Check-in Vol. 132: 7/11/20: Ghost of Tsushima Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 132: 7/11/20: Ghost of Tsushima Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: The Last of Us Remastered/Left Behind DLC, The Last of Us Part II

Finished: The Last of Us Remastered/Left Behind DLC

Playing: The Last of Us Part II

I played and finished The Last of Us Remastered and the Left Behind DLC, and I'm currently playing The Last of Us Part II again.

Ghost of Tsushima comes out this week.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 132: 7/11/20: Ghost of Tsushima Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I started up Batman Arkham Knight because I was too lazy to find something and I already had it installed. :P I've played Asylum and City. I still haven't played Origins, although it's in my backlog. Anyway, I loved the two I've played, and Knight seems like more of the same, although I'm a bit leery of what appears to be heavy use of the batmobile so far. It's a pretty cool vehicle, but I haven't really loved it so far, and it's apparently pretty heavily integrated from what I understand. So...we'll see.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: The Last of Us Part II (platinum)

Now Playing: Detroit: Become Human

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 32 games

So I finished up the platinum for The Last of Us Part II by playing through maybe 2/3 of the game on NG+ to fully upgrade everything. Next up is a week of Detroit again to see if I can't get that platinum trophy before Ghost releases.

Wow, Phase is just dominating the TLoU universe. :P
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Dang Phase, that's mad Last of Us, son! They really hooked you :P

Played: MMZ Collection, Sleeping Dogs, Shadow of Mordor...Pretty sure that covers it.

Beat: Sleeping Dogs

Bought: MMZ collection? Was that this week? I think it was...

Sleeping Dogs thoughts in last week's thread. MMZ is good. Oh wait, I deleted Borderlands because I just can't get into it and gave Mordor a last shot...and it scores! Kinda. I still really don't care about anything that happens in the story. It's not fanfic because fanfic can be awesome...this is absolutely not even middling. They took Batman from Arkham, gave him a sword and have him murder everything in sight. I am having fun doing these things but I don't really care about why. That also means I am focusing on doing story missions only because I don't care about the lore crap I find. So...I think I will like the second one more because the giant spider from the last movie is in it but is a pretty lady now. Because...I really want them to justify that. This nemesis thing is baller though and I am kinda mad nobody else stole this system and did anything with it. It would be GREAT in like a Spidey or Batman game with villains jockeying for position and getting new powers or learning new tricks.

Izzy, I really, really loathe Arkham Knight because of that car. It's just not fun and they use it for everything. Get used to it buddy. It. Never. Goes. Away. I made it pretty far and just had to stop because every 5 minutes, tank battles. And there's stealth sections with the car. They lost their minds. Also, the story...ugh. I really don't know how they botched it that bad. I could at least be bothered to beat Origins which is also not good...but it didn't have that car :evil: :evil: :evil: !
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:04 pm Izzy, I really, really loathe Arkham Knight because of that car. It's just not fun and they use it for everything. Get used to it buddy. It. Never. Goes. Away. I made it pretty far and just had to stop because every 5 minutes, tank battles. And there's stealth sections with the car. They lost their minds. Also, the story...ugh. I really don't know how they botched it that bad. I could at least be bothered to beat Origins which is also not good...but it didn't have that car :evil: :evil: :evil: !
Oof, that's concerning. I'm early on, but I already can't believe the car *platforming*, lol. Just weird. And car STEALTH. OMG. Well, we'll see how it goes. I love the attention to detail otherwise, like the previous games.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

So beat Shadow of Mordor...or probably better described as Arkham's Creed: Mordor. It's oddly short. They clearly want you to get all up and through the Nemesis system after you beat it what with the 90 billion side things vs 20 straight up story missions. But that system...I can't wait to get to War now. Nemesis just clicked with me today. As I described to my wife, it's clearly inspired by smack talk like sports, wrestling, rap, etc. It's all bluster and bravado but it really sucked me in today. Those little interactions, the way they get new tactics by learning from the last fight, the slow mo intros for warchiefs, the chest beating. It was all ludicrous and I flipping ate it up. We will just sweep that not ending and final boss under the rug but I gotta give credit, they otherwise suckered me into a game with a story I didn't care about with this system. Hope War ends more substantially because I could do this for another 20+ hours...