The Backlog Check-in Vol. 134: 7/25/20: Cuphead PS4 Version Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 134: 7/25/20: Cuphead PS4 Version Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Ghost of Tsushima

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 33 games

Have been playing Ghost when I can, but I'm mainly roaming around the map doing side stuff mixed in with main quests. There's a lot to explore, that's for sure!

Also, Cuphead PS4 released this week. I always thought this was a cool game, so now's my chance to check it out.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 134: 7/25/20: Cuphead PS4 Version Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Still working on Arkham Knight. It has been great fun, and I haven't been forced to use the batmobile as much as things have progressed. Definitely another quality entry in the franchise for me. I don't remember if anyone here played this or everyone skipped it. I still need to go back and play Origins. I'm curious to see how it compares since it's the only one not developed by Rocksteady.

Edit: I know crim played it since he was complaining about it. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Ghost of Tsushima

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Ghost of Tsushima

Diabetes SUCKS!!!! I feel fatigued, have tingly hands and feet/body pains a lot of the time and just don’t feel too good in general. I don't have the energy or strength to do much. I lay down a lot throughout the day. There are times when I feel ok, and that's when I play Ghost of Tsushima. I play for long periods of time because I know that I'll start not feeling good again, and don't know when I'll feel good enough to play it again. It's a fairly high-octane action game, so I have to feel up to playing it when I do. I'm really enjoying it, it's packed with content and is fun to play.
isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:07 pmStill working on Arkham Knight. It has been great fun, and I haven't been forced to use the batmobile as much as things have progressed. Definitely another quality entry in the franchise for me. I don't remember if anyone here played this or everyone skipped it. I still need to go back and play Origins. I'm curious to see how it compares since it's the only one not developed by Rocksteady.
I played a fair bit of Arkham Origins, and while it's not bad it's basically a re-skinned Arkham City since it takes place in the same city. While the story is decent and it has new indoor levels, it felt too similar to Arkham City but not as good. I played a little bit of Arkham Knight, but I disliked the Batmobile/tank sections so I stopped playing it. I play the Batman Arkham games to be Batman, so I don't like vehicle/tank combat shoehorned into them since I've never been a fan of vehicle combat games except for maybe Twisted Metal back in the day.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:51 am Diabetes SUCKS!!!! I feel fatigued, have tingly hands and feet/body pains a lot of the time and just don’t feel too good in general. I don't have the energy or strength to do much. I lay down a lot throughout the day. There are times when I feel ok, and that's when I play Ghost of Tsushima. I play for long periods of time because I know that I'll start not feeling good again, and don't know when I'll feel good enough to play it again. It's a fairly high-octane action game, so I have to feel up to playing it when I do. I'm really enjoying it, it's packed with content and is fun to play.
Hang in there. I know it may not be something you want to do because lifelong habits can be hard to break, but eliminating all processed foods and switching to an entirely whole (real) foods diet (no cheating) may be helpful, not only to how you feel, but to your condition itself. Good luck brother.
Phaseknox wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:51 am I played a fair bit of Arkham Origins, and while it's not bad it's basically a re-skinned Arkham City since it takes place in the same city. While the story is decent and it has new indoor levels, it felt too similar to Arkham City but not as good. I played a little bit of Arkham Knight, but I disliked the Batmobile/tank sections so I stopped playing it. I play the Batman Arkham games to be Batman, so I don't like vehicle/tank combat shoehorned into them since I've never been a fan of vehicle combat games except for maybe Twisted Metal back in the day.
I see. Well, I really enjoyed Arkham City, so I'll probably enjoy Origins if/when. And to be fair, Knight does have the vehicle bits, but having played deep into the game, they aren't a constant by any stretch and can be mostly avoided.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:51 am Diabetes SUCKS!!!! I feel fatigued, have tingly hands and feet/body pains a lot of the time and just don’t feel too good in general. I don't have the energy or strength to do much. I lay down a lot throughout the day.
Dang man... sorry to hear that.

Played recently: Yakuza 0

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35 (13 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Just doing my thing with Kazzy and Goro. Should finish the hostess stuff soon. This is the kind of game where I'd love to go for 100% or Plat, but I just can't get into all those Japanese card games and mahjong. That's required, right? My old brain can't understand what is going on with any of that.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:56 pmJust doing my thing with Kazzy and Goro. Should finish the hostess stuff soon. This is the kind of game where I'd love to go for 100% or Plat, but I just can't get into all those Japanese card games and mahjong. That's required, right? My old brain can't understand what is going on with any of that.
Yep, the plat requires 100% on the completion list which usually has hard things like "win 30 games of mahjong" or whatever. I do as much as I can with the cheat items and then call it a day...I only have like 1 or 2 Yakuza platinums because of those requirements.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

All right, well that ain't happening. If it were one game, maybe I'd give it a shot, but there are a bunch in the bum park in addition to shogi and mahjong. Can't do it.

Thanks for the info!