The Backlog Check-in Vol. 135: 8/1/20: LEGO NES Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 135: 8/1/20: LEGO NES Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Ghost of Tsushima

Added to Backlog: Cuphead

Current Backlog: 34 games

Almost done with the first map section in Ghost, just a little more to uncover and then I can continue on with the main story. Also purchased Cuphead and will be checking that out after Ghost and the Detroit platinum.

This released Saturday and I picked one up because it looks awesome:
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 135: 8/1/20: LEGO NES Edition

Post by argyle »

That LEGO set does look really cool J, you'll definitely have to take some pics of it once you get it put together.

I've been 100% about Ghost of Tsushima. Incredible game, one of the best Sony first party games this gen, and that's really saying something. I'm in the final act now, and this will be my first plat in quite a while. Should have it wrapped up by the weekend I imagine. Once I finish it, I'm putting the old Spidy PS4 Pro up for sale. It sells for a nice premium - Tam's Death Stranding one did too, I sold it about a week ago. We'll get enough from selling the 2 to pay for a couple of PS5s, so it doesn't make any sense for us not to do that given that the PS5 is bc w/ PS4 games anyway. Kinda sucks because most of what I want to play right now is for the PS4, but I'll live 3 months without it I'm sure - don't wanna wait until the last minute & risk price / demand going down. I definitely have more than enough Switch games to keep me busy for that time. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I've been out of town visiting my relatives for the past week, so I haven't played anything in a while. I'll go back and finish Arkham Knight soon and get back to some things I had briefly started.

That *is* a cool looking Lego set!

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

That NES set is dope but it needs a Zapper.

Played recently: Yakuza 0

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35 (13 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Almost finished with Yakuza. Not sure what I'll play after that. I had hoped to make it Ghost of Tsushima, but don't have the scratch to buy that one this week.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Sup fam? It's been a wild couple weeks, sorry. Was doing a banger of a training for IT career preparedness where I had to learn command line interface, packet tracer and Wireshark for my kiddos. But I got a call Wednesday at 5:30 and was axed from my teaching position due to budgeting post Covid...and 48 hours later landed at a school more closely aligned with my personal values anyway because the universe abides mah dudes! So now that I can get back to what summer is for (mad gaming fam!) :

This week: like every rpg I own trying to find that last big summer adventure including Tales of Berseria or Velvet's baller ass balling edgiest of edgelord (but with good reason for once) adventure of the darkest darkness. Found a hat. Found setting so all characters are wearing hats. We rock out in hats now. I like it but it's shockingly easy with the new battle system changes so it's not scratching the itch. Dabbled in Dead Cells and MMZ collection. If you like Mega Man, just buy this. Please. It is mad baller!

Bought: couldn't scratch that itch so I picked up Star Ocean 4 and immediately deleted it. Ewww. Then I grabbed Resonace of fate and finally got the battle system and completed the prologue! But still no...so I broke down and grabbed the very game I am starting now, Persona 5 Royal! I treat myself to one or two over $40 games a year and it's flipping August so I pulled the trigger. This will scratch that itch, I know it!

This week: All P5R all the time baby, gonna go all j on it plat this sucker by the time school starts! I have wanted to play it for years but waited for this Royal release because if I am pouring 100+ hours in, I want to do it once in as complete a form as possible. I can't wait!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:11 pm Sup fam? It's been a wild couple weeks, sorry. Was doing a banger of a training for IT career preparedness where I had to learn command line interface, packet tracer and Wireshark for my kiddos. But I got a call Wednesday at 5:30 and was axed from my teaching position due to budgeting post Covid...and 48 hours later landed at a school more closely aligned with my personal values anyway because the universe abides mah dudes!
As the Icelanders say, "þetta reddast". (it will all work out in the end)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!