The Backlog Check-in Vol. 136: 8/8/20: EA Sports UFC 4 Edition

argyle

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 136: 8/8/20: EA Sports UFC 4 Edition

Post by argyle »

Ok, so nothing's really coming out this week, and no one here wants this UFC game I imagine, but...would you just LOOK at that cover art. WHAT IS THAT??? Did EA hire their graphic designer from a school for the blind? Did they only foot the bill for MS Paint? What's even happening? How is THAT the cover for a game in 2020??? Wait...may have just answered my own question. Still...just LOOK AT IT!
UFC4ps4PFT3Dfront.png
Anyway...

Added to backlog: Daemon X Machina, Snack World

Last week: Plat'd Ghost of Tsushima, started back playing Death End re;Quest

This week: More of that, probably.

Ghost was absolutely amazing from start to finish. I have a TON of screenshots to post in the other thread, because the game was so gorgeous I became addicted to taking pics. The story was phenomenal, it was a blast to play and was drop-dead gorgeous. Possibly the best first-party Sony game this gen. What a way to send off the PS4!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 136: 8/8/20: EA Sports UFC 4 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

What artistry (that cover) lol!

Looking forward to your pics and the game (whenever I get to it) argyle.

I'm close to finishing Arkham Knight. It's been great, but there's no way I'm interested in going for all the Riddler trophies. I think I have 40 or so out of over 200, so he'll be forever waiting for the fight with Bats. (at least on my file, lol.) I've done a good deal of all the various side-stories to completion, but I don't want to sour the experience by doing something so tedious.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Ghost of Tsushima

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Ghost of Tsushima

Added: Death Stranding, Final Fantasy VII Remake

I got really sick, and spent four days in the hospital. I'm feeling a little better now, but still not very good. My brother got me Death Stranding and Final Fantasy VII Remake as get well soon gifts.

I started playing Ghost of Tsushima again yesterday, and was able to get back into it after not playing it for a long time. Usually if I don't play a game for a long period of time I feel lost in it and have to restart again from the beginning, but thankfully I was able to jump back into GoT and I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with it again.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Ghost of Tsushima

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 34 games

Into the second act in Ghost, still loving the world, story, and combat. Glad to hear you liked it all the way through, argyle.

And Phase, hope you keep feeling better. 8-)
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

argyle, no. I showed that...'cover' to my casual gaming wife (woman LOVES literally anything Mario or Mario adjacent...) and she nor I are willing to accept that as the actual cover for anything ever. That is not ok...

Phase, feel better sir! I feel for you dude, hope you can manage better in the future, diabetes is just ugh. I am sorry you are dealing with that.

izzy, glad you dig Arkham Knight. Not my jam but everything ain't for everybody. I think the story and my general lack of interest in it really killed the game for me and the Bat...tank...thing stuff made it easier for me to actively resent it than to just shrug it off like I do most games I don't find to be for me.

Played: Persona 5 Royal

Obsessed with: Persina 5 Royal

Buying:...dude, this game will take forever!

Playing this week (and several weeks after) : Persona 5 Royal

Dude, this game is so gosh danged COOL! Oh man, I needed this so bad. The color and music and animation and script and literally everything, flipping ACES! I cannot stress how much this game won me over in the first palace. If every palace is this copy pasted, GREAT! The guns...I demand every single turn based RPG have something like this going forward. It's flipping such a brilliant idea, they even justify it in universe!...why is this game so cool? I wanna be Persona 5 Royal when I grow up!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:30 pm izzy, glad you dig Arkham Knight. Not my jam but everything ain't for everybody. I think the story and my general lack of interest in it really killed the game for me and the Bat...tank...thing stuff made it easier for me to actively resent it than to just shrug it off like I do most games I don't find to be for me.
Yep, timing, relativity and all that.

And I'm sorry phase. I missed your hospital stay comment. I'm sorry man. Take care of yourself and your health brother.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:07 pmPhase, hope you keep feeling better. 8-)
crimson_tide wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:30 pmPhase, feel better sir! I feel for you dude, hope you can manage better in the future, diabetes is just ugh. I am sorry you are dealing with that.
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:36 pmI'm sorry phase. I missed your hospital stay comment. I'm sorry man. Take care of yourself and your health brother.
Thanks everyone. :D