The Backlog Check-in Vol. 137: 8/15/20: Mortal Shell Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 137: 8/15/20: Mortal Shell Edition

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:12 am I'm not one to ever hope for tanking though. It's just at odds with the spirit of competition to me, and I don't understand fans who hope to see their team lose. No draft pick is a guaranteed savior for any team. Go out and be the best team you can. That will serve you best in the long run imho. You don't build winning cultures by treating losing casually.
Yeah, maybe it's my age but the idea of tanking seems like it was unthinkable not long ago.
isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:12 am Maybe the Ravens can exorcise the demons of last year's post-season this year. I blame their loss against TN on Harbaugh. He's a great coach, but I think he / his staff lost their poise a bit in that game. Anytime your QB is throwing close to 60 times a game is a bad thing. The game was never that far gone. They lost their balance, and being such a great running team, that was a shame to see.
Tons of blame to go around there... including Lamar, for his terrible start, and the entire defense, which made Derrick Henry look like O.J., Jim Brown, Walter Payton and Earl Campbell rolled into one. One of the worst things I've ever watched.
jfissel wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:43 pm Fall Guys looks like fun, although I have not downloaded it yet. I'm sure I will after Ghost is completed.
I tried it the other day. I can see the appeal but it's not for me.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:29 am Tons of blame to go around there... including Lamar, for his terrible start, and the entire defense, which made Derrick Henry look like O.J., Jim Brown, Walter Payton and Earl Campbell rolled into one. One of the worst things I've ever watched.
I checked the stats on pro-football reference out of curiosity because I thought this was the case, but the Ravens had the most rushing attempts (almost 100 more than #2 SF) as a team in 2019 and the fewest passing attempts. (596 to 440 ratio in favor of the run. Great recipe, if you can do it imo.) In the game against TN, they had 59 pass attempts and 29 rush attempts. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Yep, it definitely got away from them. If the NFL makes it through a full season and gets to the playoffs, can't have that happen again.