The Backlog Check-in Vol. 138: 8/22/20: Madden NFL 21/Wasteland 3 Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 138: 8/22/20: Madden NFL 21/Wasteland 3 Edition

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:52 pm Argyle...I thought we were friends. Why would you do this thing to me, just rip my heart out and stomp a mud hole in it? I LOVE Transformers Devastation! I had a blast with that game. Maybe I should go back, it's been years since I played it. I do concur it didn't do anything special but I remember what it did it did well. That's honestly all I wanted from it so I was really lenient on the game. Is Wheeljack a playable character? I only beat it with Prime. Because you know, Prime!
I beat it Monday night. I didn't *hate* it, but I just felt like they could have done a lot more with what they had. It felt like they probably had budget and/or time constraints on them that hurt the game.

And yeah...the good 'ol days:
IMG_20200826_205312.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Maaaaan that pic puts some warm fuzzies in my belly. :D

izzy, does PCXS2 (whatever that is :P ) fix loading issues? Steambot is one of my faves but the load screens when you go between areas are brutal...
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:50 am izzy, does PCXS2 (whatever that is :P ) fix loading issues? Steambot is one of my faves but the load screens when you go between areas are brutal...
Yes, loads can be much faster and turbo'd briefly to get through them, although if you speed it up, it can potentially cause problems in some cases. One of the things I love most about it is the instant saving/loading with a push of a key. (I play on controller, but hit an F-key on the keyboard for saving/loading.)

There are also tons of ways to tweak things visually to make them better if your hardware is able. Honestly, as much as I love the PS2 machine, I usually prefer playing on PCSX2, unless there are significant issues.

If you want a good PSone emulator, I love ePSXe. (And of course Retroarch has tons of emulators for all sorts of hardware to try.)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Cool, good to know. (As if I'll ever play games on my PC. :lol: )
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I used to feel the same, but now I game much more on PC than console. If I didn't have it hooked up the to big tv, I probably wouldn't. But I have more digital games between Steam/GOG/itch.io/etc on PC than physical at this point. I never thought that day would happen a while back.

On a side note, I gave Fall Guys a try. It was funny in a way, but not my thang.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:26 pm Cool, good to know. (As if I'll ever play games on my PC. :lol: )
You could always grab a cheap ps1 mini and do a simple software mod on it so you can load other games on there.

EDIT: Man, I don't know what I'm thinking. We're talking PS2 games. Don't mind me, I'll see myself out....
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Hopefully we'll get a PS2 mini and I can mod that for Steambot.