The Backlog Check-in Vol. 139: 8/29/20: Ary and the Secret of Seasons/Avengers Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 139: 8/29/20: Ary and the Secret of Seasons/Avengers Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 amHonestly, Mario 64 is the one out of that group that I don't care anything about. It was neat in that it was probably the first real 3d platformer, or the first one of note anyway, and it pioneered a lot of controls for that type of game. But as a game I've always found it kinda bland.
crimson_tide wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 amMario 64 I never liked. At all.
I disliked Mario 64 as well. I always felt that it was overrated. Tomb Raider came out the same year (1996), and I thought that it was the much more impressive third person 3D game. But I was 26 at the time while a lot of people who love Mario 64 were kids when it came out which I guess makes sense why they liked it so much because I probably would have liked it more if I were a kid when it came out too.
crimson_tide wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 amthere's like 5 of you here so I can probably just go ahead and say this: I don't like Sonic Mania. Like even a little. It just doesn't for me at all.
I don't really like Sonic Mania, either. I bought it the day that it came out, and regretted it. Sonic Generations is more my type of Sonic game these days.