The Backlog Check-in Vol. 144: 10/3/20: FIFA 21/Ikenfell/Ride 4/The Survivalists Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 144: 10/3/20: FIFA 21/Ikenfell/Ride 4/The Survivalists Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Nothing

Finished: Nothing

Playing: ?

Added: Aggelos, Antiquia Lost, Asdivine Hearts II, Asdivine Menace, CrossCode, Edna and Harvey: The Breakout, Ghost of a Tale, Silence, Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, State of Mind, SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Heist, Timespinner

I still haven't been feeling very good, so I haven't played anything. However, my doctor put me on both fast acting and long acting insulin as well as Metformin pills which I've been taking for a few days now and I'm starting to feel a little better. Hopefully I'll start feeling better enough to start playing games again, because as you've probably noticed I've been buying quite a few lately.

FIFA 21, Ikenfell, Ride 4 and The Survivalists come out this week.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 144: 10/3/20: FIFA 21/Ikenfell/Ride 4/The Survivalists Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Still hmmm, lol

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 35 games

I was out of town for a few days, sorry I'm late to this week's party. Happy belated birthday, cane! Enjoy Ghost.
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 144: 10/3/20: FIFA 21/Ikenfell/Ride 4/The Survivalists Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON (PS4), Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS (PS3), Fight Crab (Switch), The Nameko no Puzzle (Switch), Mr. Driller DrillLand (Switch) - I had some import orders finally arrive last week. :) Also snagged a copy of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection at the local Goodwill. :P

Last week: Finished nothing, mostly played Genshin Impact

This week: Genshin a go-go, baby! :D

So I've put enough time into Genshin now that I'm comfortable in upgrading my recommendation. I'd say this one gets the patented Phase "IT ROCKS!!!!". The game looks fantastic, plays fantastic, has some terrific voice acting with some truly laugh out loud dialog (Paimon is the bomb, she is just full-stop hilarious). And the music is just stellar. Most music in games these days is either serviceable but completely ignorable or extremely irritating. It's rare that something's so good that it really stands out, but this does - nearly every track is just gorgeous.

And on top of all of that, the game is FREE. And I've played enough now that I can safely say there's no reason to spend any money on it unless you just WANT to. I have more characters than I can use right now, and I haven't been tempted to spend a dime. I was really looking forward to this game when I first saw it in motion, but then when I heard it was going to be a F2P I just assumed the worst. I'm glad I was wrong. Apparently it's paying off for them too, because I read an article today that said they're predicted to be on track to make $100mil on it by the end of the month. Anywho, if you A) like open-world action/adventure/RPG style games, B) don't throw your controller at the site of cutesy anime-style graphics (sorry cane :( ) and C) own a PS4, then you have no reason NOT to be playing this game. Go. Now. ;)
5d55575548a30ca21fcdb50285b9c694_6465808929343059713.gif
5d55575548a30ca21fcdb50285b9c694_6465808929343059713.gif (1.59 MiB) Viewed 4574 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Argyle, thanks for the Genshin Impact impressions. It sounds really good, and I definitely plan on playing it when I’m in the mood for a big sprawling open world action RPG.

I’ve been playing Aggelos, and it’s a fun old school style 2D pixel art side scrolling action adventure platformer similar to the classic 8-bit/16-bit Wonder Boy adventure games. In fact, it looks and plays just like them with similar graphics and play mechanics. It’s a little light on story, but the core game is where it shines. It offers well designed levels with challenging platforming, and creative puzzles.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:34 pm Anywho, if you A) like open-world action/adventure/RPG style games, B) don't throw your controller at the site of cutesy anime-style graphics (sorry cane :( ) and C) own a PS4, then you have no reason NOT to be playing this game. Go. Now. ;)
From what I've seen, the art style isn't too much for me to take. :p Looks like a very cool game, and the price is right! Thanks for the word.

Played recently: Ghost of Tsushima

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 36 (15 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

I'm loving Ghost. Very much up my alley. :)