The Backlog Check-in Vol. 145: 10/10/20: G.I. Joe/NHL 21/Second Extinction/Torchlight III and more Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 145: 10/10/20: G.I. Joe/NHL 21/Second Extinction/Torchlight III and more Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Aggelos

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Aggelos

Added: Degrees of Separation, Edna and Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes, Last Day of June, The Last Door, The Last Remnant Remastered, Odallus: The Dark Call, Oniken, Troll and I

I'm still not feeling very well, but I've been feeling better enough at times to play games so I'm still playing Aggelos here and there when I feel up to it.

Cake Bash, Cloudpunk, Crown Trick, Forgone, G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout, Monster Truck Championship, NHL 21, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin, Onechanbara Origin, Raji: An Ancient Epic, Red Wings: Aces of the Sky, Remothered: Broken Porcelain, Re:Turn: One Way Trip, Second Extinction, Tennis World Tour 2, Torchlight III and Vigil: The Longest Night come out this week.
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 145: 10/10/20: G.I. Joe/NHL 21/Second Extinction/Torchlight III and more Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Bare Knuckle IV (Streets of Rage IV import), Evoland Legendary Edition, Atomicrops (the last of my import orders that I was waiting on)

Last week: Finished nothing, played Genshin Impact

This week: Genshin Impact

love Love LOVE Genshin Impact!!!!
nfJuDRl.gif
nfJuDRl.gif (4.9 MiB) Viewed 6418 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 145: 10/10/20: G.I. Joe/NHL 21/Second Extinction/Torchlight III and more Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I've heard good things about Genshin argyle. Looks fun. I'm still not playing anything though.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Still hmmm, lol

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 35 games

Really need to play a game, lol. Work is keeping me super busy though.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

...gosh dangit, here's the link in case that doesn't show...stupid phone posting...https://images.app.goo.gl/LzL7SdiphrgWTYdx9

Details tomorrow, it's way past my bedtime and I have to lift and actually go into the school to work tomorrow...
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Congrats, crim!

Played recently: Ghost of Tsushima

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 36 (15 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Having a great time with Ghost. My kind of game.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Ok, imma post a massive post about Persona 5 Royal next week because there's so many thoughts I have to gather them, sort them and type them up.

Now I am so floored by how gosh dang GOOD that game was, nothing is hitting. I tried Assassin's Creed Syndicate and finally got the grapple thing but was very whelmed by the game honestly. Gorgeous, Evie is almost Kassandra tier good but...it just ain't doing it. I think I still want something like a JRPG. I still have a backlog of those but I think I might try to wait until Dragon Quest 11 S finally come to PS4 in early December with the orchestrated soundtrack and 16 bit throwback mode and all that fun stuff.

Oh and I played the demo for the Kingdom Hearts rhythm game. Because of course I did. They have a straight ONE BUTTON MODE and I still sucked at it. But I will buy and play it because as I explained to my wife...they gonna put some lore in this nonsense. I am far to invested to miss any bit of lore (except that cell phone thing. No. I refuse) .

But that, Yakuza 7, Miles Morales are all like a month away! I need something now...I know Phase got his fill of Tokyo Xanadu but I do have that ready to go. I could just play P5R again or pull the trigger and just do that full Kingdom Hearts series playthrough I have somehow avoided during a pandemic...could just read a book too, but that's nerd ****...

WAIT! I think I got it...Assassin's Creed Origins has the DLC stuff I never touched. It can't possibly be as insane and convoluted as Odyssey was (and hopefully stupid present day girl is not involved)...maybe delete Syndicate and download that instead...

And then as I downloaded Origins and glanced at my library, Resonance of Fate! I forgot I bought that one! And I remember getting the battle system after all these years! That's definitely going to be in the hopper too...as is finally just ripping off the band aid and going straight into FF14...

It's actually kinda fun reasoning out my next playthrough this way :P ...
argyle

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:11 pmI tried Assassin's Creed Syndicate and finally got the grapple thing but was very whelmed by the game honestly. Gorgeous, Evie is almost Kassandra tier good but...it just ain't doing it.
Y'know, I tried playing that one myself earlier this year and ended up walking away for pretty much the same reason. I think it's just too hard to go back to "old school" Assassin's Creed after playing Origins / Odyssey.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis