The Backlog Check-in Vol. 146: 10/17/20: Cadence of Hyrule Edition

argyle

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 146: 10/17/20: Cadence of Hyrule Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, Death Stranding, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (Gamestop B2G2 sale)

Last week: more Genshin Impact

This week: I think I'll wrap up the story in Genshin this week - doing some of the unnecessary character leveling stuff has me rubbing up against the pay walls.

Getting antsy for the new consoles, honestly moreso to play stuff I have now but want to see how improved it is running on new hardware. I'm only getting a single launch game for each system - grabbing Dirt 5 for the Xbox and I plan to get Godfall digitally on the PS5 so that Tam & I can both play it without having to buy 2 copies. Other than that, I'm looking forward to Watch Dogs / Assassin's Creed / CYBERPUNK 2077 / Hyrule Warriors 2.
PXL_20201019_201602340.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 146: 10/17/20: Cadence of Hyrule Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Aggelos

Finished (playing): Aggelos

Playing: ?

Added: Abyss Odyssey, Beast Quest, Blasphemous, Bleed 1&2, Chasm, Children of Morta, Daydreamer, Death’s Gambit, Huntdown, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 1-3, The Mummy Demastered, SteamWorld Dig, Sundered

I got to the second boss in Aggelos and it was proving to be more difficult than I had the patience for at the time, so after several attempts I decided to stop playing the game and I will come back to it again in the future when I'm feeling more up to trial-and-error gameplay. I'm feeling a little better now and plan on starting a game today, I just don't know what yet.

As you've probably noticed I've been buying a lot of PS4 digital/indie games lately, and that's not only because there's been some good deals but also because smaller size retro style games (which most indies are) are what I'm more in the mood to play right now as I haven't been feeling up to playing big, complex, deep, engrossing and overly lengthy games that require a lot of time commitment. Not to mention that I still have a feeling that the disc drive in my PS4 is going to go out so I will only be able to play digital games on it until I get a PS5 which won't be for a while.

Games releasing this week (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Amnesia: Rebirth
Assault on Metaltron
Asterix & Obelix XXL Remastered
Axis Football 2020
Banner of the Maid
BH Trials
Bless Unleashed
Cadence of Hyrule
Clea
CrossKrush
Disc Room
Double Pug Switch
DwarfHeim
Endless Memories
Galacide
Gonner 2
Grood
Horace
HyperBrawl Tournament
Lord of the Click
Macrotis: A Mother's Journey
Monster Truck Championship
Outpost Delta
Pumpkin Jack
Ray's the Dead
The Red Lantern
Rusty Spout Rescue Adventure
Scourge Bringer
Strife - Veteran Edition
Supermarket Shriek
Supraland
A Tale of Paper
Techwars: Global Conflict
Torchlight III
Transformers: Battlegrounds
Under
Uppers
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I dig that Jin Sakai figure. Really liking that guy... though I think I've seen a little bit too much of his ass. :P

Played recently: Ghost of Tsushima

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 36 (15 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:06 pm I dig that Jin Sakai figure. Really liking that guy... though I think I've seen a little bit too much of his ass. :P
Lol, he sure does love his hot springs!

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Still hmmm, lol

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 35 games