The Backlog Check-in Vol. 147: 10/24/20: Little Hope/Trails of Cold Steel IV/Watch Dogs: Legion Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 147: 10/24/20: Little Hope/Trails of Cold Steel IV/Watch Dogs: Legion Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Nothing

Finished: Nothing

Playing: ?

Added: Diablo III: Eternal Collection, Gravel

I still haven't been feeling very good, so I haven't been playing anything. Hopefully I'll start feeling a little better soon so that I can play something, because I miss playing video games.

Games releasing this week (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
AGOS: A Game of Space
Angry Video Game Nerd I & II Deluxe
Auto Chess
Carto
Clea
Cthulhu: Books of Ancients
Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues
Crimson Clover: World Explosion
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Dungreed
Dusk
Full Throttle Remastered
Ghostrunner
Grim Fandango Remastered
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV
Legends of Ethernal
Mad Rat Dead
Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New 'n' Tasty!
Pacer
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Sweet Witches
Transient
Umihara Kawase: Bazooka!
Umihara Kawase: Fresh!
Visage
Watch Dogs: Legion
Xuan-Yuan: Sword VII
Yuppie Psycho
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 147: 10/24/20: Little Hope/Trails of Cold Steel IV/Watch Dogs: Legion Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Cadence of Hyrule

Last week: Finished nothing, played Genshin Impact, Cadence of Hyrule, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

This week: More of that, probably.

Have Dungreed coming in the mail for the Switch, and Amazon will be shipping out Watch Dogs later this week, tho I can't play it until the Series X launches. Getting anxious for the new systems, kinda feels like I'm just biding my time game-wise until then right now.

Phase, I saw one of the games you picked up was Mummy Demastered - I *love* that game. Limited Run Games put up preorders for a physical release of it this past Friday, so I ordered it for the Switch along with the soundtrack on vinyl. I know you've picked up a lot recently, but I'd suggest putting that one close to the top of your list once you feel like playing something again, it's well worth your time. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 147: 10/24/20: Little Hope/Trails of Cold Steel IV/Watch Dogs: Legion Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Still hmmm, lol

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 35 games

I still need to play Watch Dogs 2, so Legions is not on my list of games to buy right now.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Sup?

Played:..is it an RPG on PS4? I probably played it. Because Persona 5 Royal is beaten. God I miss it soooooo much and absolutely nuttin' is hitting right at the moment because they crushed it. Also The Hidden Ones AC Origins DLC.

Beat: The Hidden Ones DLC. It was fine. Curse of the Pharaohs better be baller.

Next week: probably FF12 Zodiac Age? I never beat it but I remember loving the gambit system when I finally got to it because my God this game is loaded up front. They just dangle all the cool things you're going to be able to do in front of you but can't do it just yet because plot. Sure does look good though. And glad I waited because I can dick around and change jobs all I want since they updated it just this year? Square is so weird...

So. P5R is platinum. Want more turn based goodness. Finally think about caving on DQ11 only to find out the definitive edition is coming on 12/4! However, now I am super in between games and woefully unequipped to make a decision. I just bounce off everything because my current list is:

Yakuza 7 or Like a Dragon or whatever I have to call it but I want it NOW.

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memories (because I'm me)

Miles Morales

All those the same week. And then DQ11 on 12/4. And that should do me for the year. Probably winter. It's harder to game in the fall until there's a lesson planning/grading groove and whatnot anyway and that usually comes by Xmas.

But until the week all those games come out, I will just lolly gag and dick around whatever like a petulant, ungrateful child looking for something to grab me :P .
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:26 pm Finally think about caving on DQ11 only to find out the definitive edition is coming on 12/4!
Unless your tastes have gone rotten, you'll love it. So much fun. I reckon I'll have to get the definitive edition at some point... maybe on Switch, if I ever get one.

Played recently: Ghost of Tsushima, Velocity 2X

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 36 (15 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

In addition to having a blast with Ghost, I decided to pick up the Vita and dig through the PS+ releases I never played. I found Velocity 2X, which is a mix of vertical space shooter and horizontal side-scroller, both of which are great. I should have played this a long time ago.
argyle

Post by argyle »

It's funny that I still haven't played through DQ11 myself
<------
source.gif
source.gif (1.98 MiB) Viewed 13640 times
...but if I recall, it released at the same time as something else and whatever it was won the war for my attention. Then it got put off, then when I was ready to get around to it the Switch "definitive" version was announced, so I waited...then it finally came out, but I was playing something ELSE, so put off again...then when I was about ready for it AGAIN, the DEFINITIVE-definitive version for PS4/XBOne was announced, so waiting again...and now, when it releases in Dec...I'll most likely still be playing Cyberpunk.

So NEXT year.
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (197.31 KiB) Viewed 13640 times
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm still not playing anything guys. Just popping in to say hey! Hope you get to feeling better phase. :)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

They delayed Cyberpunk 2077. Again.
95c9f6aa9aba92bd-popular-really-gif-really-discover-share-gifs.gif
95c9f6aa9aba92bd-popular-really-gif-really-discover-share-gifs.gif (7.86 MiB) Viewed 13625 times

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Maybe you can squeeze in DQXI in those three weeks. :lol:
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Dang. Sorry fam. CD Projekt Red ain't my jam but I get that everything they churn out is pretty high quality. Can't imagine it's a huge issue since it's so short a delay, they probably being mad extra after Witcher 3. Sure it will be great!

So. FF12 has, despite its best efforts, finally grabbed me. I don't know why they dangle everything in front of you that will be fun!...later. It's still well written and mad pretty and sounds good and all that...but I want two jobs NOW! I swear this game is going to be baller...like 10-12 hours from the 12 hour mark I'm at now :P.

Also, might just go ahead and finally grab the Mummy demastered. Just hope it's not too Souls like. Hollow Knight turned me off because I really don't care for Souls like mechanics normally.

And yeah! Let's play DQ11 S atcthe same time Argyle! The old man is onto something here :P .