The Backlog Check-in Vol. 147: 10/24/20: Little Hope/Trails of Cold Steel IV/Watch Dogs: Legion Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 147: 10/24/20: Little Hope/Trails of Cold Steel IV/Watch Dogs: Legion Edition

Post by argyle »

I think I've filled my quote of super-long JRPGs this year. Besides, when I get back to DQXI I want to make sure my plate is clear to really focus on it.

Mummy Demastered is definitely not souls-like. I guess the only slight mechanic that could be seen that way is that if you die you have to kill your former self to get your stuff back, but it's really not that big of a deal. I got stuck in Hollow Knight myself at a very nasty boss fight, and I can promise you that Mummy has nothing as frustrating as that. It's a WayForward jam (Shantae, Double Dragon Neon, that Ducktales Remaster, etc.), and their games prioritize fun over frustration.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 147: 10/24/20: Little Hope/Trails of Cold Steel IV/Watch Dogs: Legion Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

So I bought the Mummy demastered. It's 'ight. I think it's going to have to wait until after FF12 though. It's continuing to dig those nails in...

I am taking advantage of all the time home to dive way into rpg's, argyle! This is unprecedented, I haven't beaten more RPGs ever in a year before this. It's one of the very few respites I have with the world on fire so I have been leaning hard. So DQ11 is likely to be the first DQ I beat. Hell, I might play that sucker like I did P5R. P5R was a really, really easy plat though...we'll see.