The Backlog Check-in Vol. 148: 10/31/20: Dirt 5/Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 148: 10/31/20: Dirt 5/Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Nothing

Finished: Nothing

Playing: ?

Added: Burnout Paradise Remastered, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour, The Raven Remastered, The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

I still haven't been feeling well enough to play anything. :(

Games releasing this week (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Autobahn Police Simulator 2
Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia
Chrystal Ortha
Comanche
Dark Sauce
Dead Dungeon
Descenders
Dirt 5
Faeria
Grey Skies: A War of the Worlds Story
Jurassic World Evolution
Knights and Bikes
Lair of the Clockwork God
Memoranda
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered
Ord
PAW Patrol Mighty Pups: Save Adventure Bay!
Persephone
Ponpu
Seven Knights: Time Wanderer
Speed 3: Grand Prix
Switch 'N' Shoot
Tropico 6
YesterMorrow
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 148: 10/31/20: Dirt 5/Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Detroit: Become Human

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 35 games

Alright, I've got 2 weeks before Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Yakuza: Like a Dragon and PS5 (if my pre-order holds up), so I reeeeeeeeeally need to get the plat in Detroit.

Hot Pursuit for the PS3 was a great game, loved playing that one and unlocking everything.
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 148: 10/31/20: Dirt 5/Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Judgement, Metro: Exodus, Metro: 2033 Redux, Dungreed, Watchdogs: Legion, Bloodroots

Last week: Finished nothing, played Genshin Impact

This week: Same, probably

Been waiting on a good deal for both Judgement and Metro: Exodus, and got them this week from Best Buy for $15/$10, and Metro Exodus even came with a d/l code for 2033 Redux. :) A good friend told me the load times on Exodus are ridiculous, so I've been waiting to play it on the new systems.

Speaking of....only a week to go!
200 (1).gif
200 (1).gif (736.58 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Played: The parts of FF12 that are annoying because why I just can't unlock the 2 jobs per character I want from the beginning instead of like a quarter of the way into the thing I have no earthly idea except that Square is Square...like seriously, it's really obnoxious, The Mummy Demastered

Beat: Nothing

Bought: The Mummy Demastered

So. Just finished working, like this was somehow the day I felt most accomplished since school started and there were no classes or students today. Not doing the news. Also not leaving the house after sunset because...well...y'all know. It's not a typical Tuesday and all that. So I am going to plow through aa much FF12 as I can. My wife is in politics and I have to stay up with her so I am hoping against hope I can finally start cutting loose in FF12. You see, the problem is I'm locked into pretty lame jobs unlike the original and can't do really branch into other things so it's annoying. I don't know why they did it this way. But I think I am at the first Esper now and that's the point where I can double up on jobs and at least try to grind meaningfully and devise tactics that aren't just getting by...it could be soooooo good!!!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Played nothing, considered nothing. :P

I'm getting ready to move to Tennessee to be closer to my family. My kid is grown and my ex and I split over two years ago. Time to hit the trail. I've lived in Charlotte for more than half my life, but the wheels are a' turnin'.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Good luck with your move izzy!

Sooo...FF12's spell is quickly wearing off. I got the second job classes for everyone set up finally but my problem with the game it turns out is the game. It's not as Tactics like as I remembered. Or more accurately maybe Tactics style systems don't work as well as the jobs in those games. I HATE the license board. My problem with the game laid completely bare is there's way, way, way too much micromanaging involved. On top of that, the licenses are not nearly as satisfying to obtain because it's just more to manage. And selling stuff to get gold is grindy. And license points are grindy. Party characters not in active combat don't get experience. Hunts are spread out and needlessly annoying to start and finish. Everything bosslike is overpowered but falls with 2 quickening chains. There's just too much little stuff that gets in the way. And while gambit setup can be fun after you find something that works, I hate having to constantly reset them and then realize I have to buy another gambit to do what I want. I was hoping they streamlined some of it but nope. I find my self at 4x speed just trying to get through the game. Oh well, maybe I should step away and come back later, I am stopping at a good place. I can always come back later. Stopping and coming back later worked for literally everything else I've beaten this year that's not P5R...it's not like I'm missing anything from the story, it's just a hero's journey with some really good scripts going on. Still pretty, sounds great and is well written.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:42 am Good luck with your move izzy!
Thanks crim. Still packing. Ugh...

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I've been tempted to go back and give FF12 another shot. I think you've given me the willpower to resist, crim. Thanks! :)