The Backlog Check-in Vol. 154: 12/12/20: Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 154: 12/12/20: Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Sorry about your mom, argyle... hope she's better soon. Also sorry about your Christmas plans. That sucks.
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 154: 12/12/20: Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Man. It's been a week. Teachers working from home do nothing all day...pfft, whatevs :P .

Sorry Argyle. My moms had the 'rona back in April. It was a lot. If you need to chat, I'll check in more often. I will tell you I felt really powerless at the time but reaching out 2 or 3 times a day to my mom was enough for both of us somehow. I'll keep you in my thoughts like I do my man phase that y'all make it through your current travails, fam.

Played: Yakuza 7

Beat: Nothing

Gifted: Divinity Original Sin 2 (be around when I start this in a couple months old man, imma have so many questions :P )
jfissel wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:48 pm Hey crim,

I finally started changing around all my characters' jobs. I was under the impression that the stat increases only applied while you were active in a job (same as the skills minus the 2 marked as user-based). But now that I have been corrected, I've switched them and then ran through the underground dungeon a few times. If you defeat a few of those vagabonds (aka the metal slimes of Yakuza 7), then you can get to job level 15 by the end. And plus it was just plain fun to watch Kasuga become a chef and then grind pepper into enemies faces, lowering their accuracy. :lol:
Yeah, job switching has really kept me engaged! Up to chapter 14 and really once you get to chapter 12 they open up a new grinding section I feel like is basically to grind jobs (and the chapter boss...j, please PLEASE grind for the chapter 12 boss...it's too much). Going through that 1 time was enough for me but if your not kissing level 50, just keep grinding through. OH OH OH, DLC job update! I made my idol a matriarch. Matriarch has a naginata (long Chinese sword spear thing that one boss keeps using) and it was baller. Lots of area attacks. Then some attacks use a gun. So at level 10, switched back to idol and my Sakura clad idol now whips out an AK-47 to end boss fights. That or the glowstick brigade. Anything the hitman does is...I just never take it out of my party. That class is just a BEAST! Straight up dominatrix...I mean Night queen has been fairly clutch too. And Adachi has a goddamn SONIC SPINDASH for one of his character skills. It ends with a piledriver. I swear, I just keep leveling things to see what craziness they come up with next. While I am nearing the end, I really am going to angle to get the rent a hero trophy...I did so many things and haven't gotten it :P ! After that, I will go through the sewer dungeon just for fun, do the weird dating...thing they put in here for the substories and call it a game. Really loving this thing, probably going to run through it once more once I get a PS5 (and hopefully cut down on them load times which are excessive...my sole complaint).
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:42 pm Gifted: Divinity Original Sin 2 (be around when I start this in a couple months old man, imma have so many questions :P )
You bet. I've hit a point where I'm always pissing off one group or another... very tough decisions.