PS4 digital games
Mercenary Kings
Orangeblood
River City Girls
Shantae and the Seven Sirens
crimson_tide

Re: The Haul Thread 2021

Post by crimson_tide »

I stay waiting for River City Girls to be $10...one day...
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

jfissel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 pm Image

I'm jealous! (Not jealous enough to hunt down a PS5 though. :P) I love R&C so much! Have fun!

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:54 pm Image
Did that series get better after the first? I played (part of) it on the PS2, and as much as I loved the premise, it was a bit too janky for me to stick with. (I don't mind jank if it's compelling enough. The first was just not doing it for me.) I have Raw Danger in my backlog. I didn't even know there was a 3rd entry.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:18 pmDid that series get better after the first? I played (part of) it on the PS2, and as much as I loved the premise, it was a bit too janky for me to stick with. (I don't mind jank if it's compelling enough. The first was just not doing it for me.) I have Raw Danger in my backlog. I didn't even know there was a 3rd entry.
I really liked the original Disaster Report despite its clunky controls, jank and major slowdown at times. The premise was really good/well executed, and the story and characters were interesting.

I didn’t like Raw Danger! as much since the flooding theme wasn’t as appealing to me as the earthquake theme of the first, and it didn’t have an ongoing adventure feel like the first since you play out different scenarios as different characters. It was also “Americanized” giving every single character blond/blonde hair instead of black, and heavily censored which I found off-putting since I despise censorship. It still has its moments, but I found it to be a somewhat disappointing follow-up.

Disaster Report 3 was made for the PSP, and never came out in North America. I played the demo of Disaster Report 4, and the little on offer was enough to convince me that it was something that I wanted to play when it was cheaper. It goes back to the earthquake theme of the original, and you only play as one character.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:54 am I really liked the original Disaster Report despite its clunky controls, jank and major slowdown at times. The premise was really good/well executed, and the story and characters were interesting.

I didn’t like Raw Danger! as much since the flooding theme wasn’t as appealing to me as the earthquake theme of the first, and it didn’t have an ongoing adventure feel like the first since you play out different scenarios as different characters. It was also “Americanized” giving every single character blond/blonde hair instead of black, and heavily censored which I found off-putting since I despise censorship. It still has its moments, but I found it to be a somewhat disappointing follow-up.

Disaster Report 3 was made for the PSP, and never came out in North America. I played the demo of Disaster Report 4, and the little on offer was enough to convince me that it was something that I wanted to play when it was cheaper. It goes back to the earthquake theme of the original, and you only play as one character.
Thanks for the info. I think this series may not be for me.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
Asdivine Cross
Darksiders Genesis
Far Cry 4
LEGO Jurassic World
Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection