The Backlog Check-in Vol. 158: 1/9/21: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Complete Edition Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 158: 1/9/21: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Complete Edition Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Cyberpunk 2077

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Cyberpunk 2077

Added: Asdivine Kamura, The Count Lucanor, Miden Tower

I’m at the end of Cyberpunk 2077. I did most of the side content and I’m at the point of no return in the story, so I should have it wrapped up fairly soon.

Games releasing this week
Fantasy Tavern Sextet Vol. 2: Adventurer’s Days
Five Nights at Freddy’s: Core Collection
Glitch’s Trip
Jet Kave Adventure
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale
Life of Fly
MXGP 2020
Rhythm Fighter
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Complete Edition
Skellboy Refractured
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 158: 1/9/21: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Complete Edition Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Spider-Man: Miles Morales (going for platinum), Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Nothing new for me this week, just playing mostly AC Valhalla. It's possible I can wrap up NG+ on Miles Morales this week so I can start Maneater or Bugsnax on PS5. My top games list has been delayed - I've had to prepare for an interview, so there hasn't been any time to write up my thoughts. 8-)
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 158: 1/9/21: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Complete Edition Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 11 (9 PS4, 1 Vita, 1 Switch)

I've been cranking through Divinity of late... almost done with Chapter 2. It's gotten more fun since I stopped worrying about upsetting this faction or that one and just went with my gut. Many bodies later... :)

The new Switch is hooked up and I've been taking on my son-in-law on Mario Kart. It's a lot of fun, no doubt, but trying to use one Joy-con each is painful if you have adult hands. I guess I need to get a pro controller.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:52 am The new Switch is hooked up and I've been taking on my son-in-law on Mario Kart. It's a lot of fun, no doubt, but trying to use one Joy-con each is painful if you have adult hands. I guess I need to get a pro controller.
Man do I despise those joy cons. I don't have a Switch myself, but whenever I've played one, I've been like, "Why Nintendo!?!"

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished Cyberpunk 2077. It took me roughly 70 hours to do most of the side stuff, and complete the main story. The majority of my time playing was spent doing side stuff as the main story isn’t very long.

It had a lot of bugs, glitches and jank more so than probably any game that I’ve played before. It also wasn’t quite the game that I was expecting it to be, and it failed to meet my expectations. But despite all of that, I still really enjoyed it. I liked its story, characters, world, gameplay and music.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phase, glad you enjoyed Cyberpunk even with all the craziness. I can't remember the last time I even played a game that wasn't what I thought it was, but I'm sure there's a few.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:30 amPhase, glad you enjoyed Cyberpunk even with all the craziness. I can't remember the last time I even played a game that wasn't what I thought it was, but I'm sure there's a few.
Cyberpunk 2077 was still somewhat what I thought that it was going to be, just not quite what I was envisioning it being all of these years. It turned out to be more of an action FPS, and less of an RPG. While it wasn’t as good as I was expecting it to be based on everything that was shown of it before release, it was still really good and I enjoyed my time with it.