The Backlog Check-in Vol. 159: 1/16/21: Hitman 3 Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 159: 1/16/21: Hitman 3 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Cyberpunk 2077

Finished: Cyberpunk 2077

Playing: Undertale

Added: Nothing

I started playing Undertale, and I’m enjoying it. It’s a charming, comedic, comical and cute 2D 8-bit pixel art style RPG where you play as a kid who fell into a monster underworld and you’re trying to get back home. It has a lot of humorous character interaction, a unique turn-based battle system and simple puzzles to solve along the way.

Games releasing this week
Adverse
Air Bounce
Bladed Fury
Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights
Gravity Heroes
Hitman 3
Loot Hero DX
Marble Duel
Redout: Space Assault
Ride 4
Shing!
Skycadia
Tadpole Treble
Tauronos
Teratopia
Unspottable
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 159: 1/16/21: Hitman 3 Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Spider-Man: Miles Morales (platinum)

Now Playing: Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Maneater

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Finished New Game+ in Miles Morales and got the platinum, so now I'll check out Maneater on PS5.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Glad you're enjoying Undertale, Phase. As you said, a ton of charm in that one.

Played recently: Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 11 (9 PS4, 1 Vita, 1 Switch)

I'm still having fun with Divinity. Some more crazy story beats after leaving the second area. I'm sure I've ruined or shut down some plotlines with my actions, but I'm going with my gut... much more fun than trying to figure out the "best" thing to do.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Played: FF7R, 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim, Nier Automata

Beat: Nothing

Bought: Nothing...might get in on the holiday sale but I am finding myself less inclined to bother because I have a bunch to play now...we'll see. Sakura Wars and (for some reason) The Division 2 are the last bigger purchases I'd make. Still kinda wanna bite on Cuphead...I don't know why I don't own Cuphead.

This week: More of the same.

So I am bought into FF7R. For dumb reasons I will now list:

- This is just FF but secretly Yakuza. Lost Paradise would probably be a more apt comparison. It's just that loop.

- Right off the bat, they won me over because they straight up acknowledge Cloud clearly is delusional and needs help. Thank God, makes him so much less insufferable.

-Tifa. Tifa's flipping BALLER! I love playing as Tifa, very much a glass cannon, cool combo strings. Oh and they gave her a sports bra! I don't understand why everyone was so mad. She's my favorite character thus far. She's like an actual person. She was my favorite in the original too, just glad she made the transition well.

- Barrett. I hate him less. Mostly because he's so swole (may replace Chris Redfield this year as the swole gaming dude I aspire to look like). Also he sings the FF fanfare randomly at the end of battles apropos of nothing. It's endearing. He's still too extra but maybe he'll mellow out as this continues.

- That battle system! Man, they kinda nailed it. I think this is what FF15 was supposed to be. I liked FF15 enough and this is just that on all the steroids since you aren't restricted to the one character now. Fun flipping little system.

13 Sentinels. Just Vanillaware doing Vanillaware. I kinda love it. It deserves my time so I really need to focus on it. I try to duck in and do a chapter or two but I can see this approach getting to be a bit unwieldy so I need to clear out a few things before I focus on it. Sure is pretty though...sounds great too, Vanillaware really crushed it as far a the presentation in this decidedly story heavy game goes.

I am going to do a goty list a little later. Work is a lot, there's littles running around all the time, spending time with the missus...not a lot of gaming time (it's even getting hard to peek in here lately). Hopefully, it calms down a bit by February. I might try to do the list during my mid winter recess in February actually. Some games deserve some praise this year and I want to get my thoughts out properly ;) .
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:52 pmI am going to do a goty list a little later. Work is a lot, there's littles running around all the time, spending time with the missus...not a lot of gaming time (it's even getting hard to peek in here lately). Hopefully, it calms down a bit by February. I might try to do the list during my mid winter recess in February actually. Some games deserve some praise this year and I want to get my thoughts out properly ;) .
I noticed that you haven’t been posting here as much lately, but I assumed that it was for life reasons like you mentioned. It’s been good having you back. It would be nice if sonuckles and stawnkald came back again as well. They actually did for a bit, but then disappeared again. Anyway, I’m looking forward to your top games of 2020 list.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:38 am Anyway, I’m looking forward to your top games of 2020 list.
Yeah, me too. I always enjoy reading everyone's end of year comments/summaries.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!