The Backlog Check-in Vol. 162: 2/6/21: Little Nightmares II/Super Mario 3D World Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 162: 2/6/21: Little Nightmares II/Super Mario 3D World Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Nothing

Finished: Nothing

Playing: ?

Added: Kingdom Hearts All-in-One Package

I moved in with my mom Friday, and I’m almost done getting my room setup. So I should be gaming again soon.

Games releasing this week
Aground
Death Crown
Endurance: Space Action
Gal Gun Returns
Gunbarich
HuniePop 2: Double Date
Little Nightmares II
On the Road: Truck Simulator
Rover Wars: Battle for Mars
#SinucaAttack
Super Mario 3D World
UnderMine
We Were Here
The Wild Eight
Last edited by Phaseknox on Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 162: 2/6/21: Little Nightmares II/Super Mario 3D World Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Maneater PS5

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 41 games

Happy belated Birthday, Phase!

I'm turning into a total beast in Maneater, able to take down most things without too much worry. Reached level 20 and Elder status and in the third to last area of the map.
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 162: 2/6/21: Little Nightmares II/Super Mario 3D World Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Glad to know the move is done, Phase. Hope you're gaming soon.

Played recently: Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Finished: Divinity

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 11 (9 PS4, 1 Vita, 1 Switch)

So after beating Divinity, I saw that Hellblade was on sale for $10 and snatched it up, since I loved Heavenly Sword and Enslaved. Well, I'm no longer bummed that Microsoft bought Ninja Theory. I played a few hours of Hellblade and found it to be a very unpleasant experience. I know what it's trying to do with regard to psychosis, but the irritating noises and disturbing visuals are very off-putting to me. To top it off, I got into a boss fight (the bird guy) that I couldn't get through, even after I lowered the difficulty to easy. So I shut it down and deleted it from my PS4. Bye Senua.

Next I fired up Rise of the Tomb Raider for some Uncharted-style action. It's definitely a poor man's Nathan Drake deal... not bad, but not on the Naughty Dog level. I'm in an area now where I've run into a bunch of roadblocks ("Can't go here, don't have the rope arrows!" "Can't go here, don't have the lockpick!"). I like Lara and the tomb-raiding, so I'm going to stick with it a bit longer, but I hope it respects my time as I get further in.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:27 pmI played a few hours of Hellblade and found it to be a very unpleasant experience. I know what it's trying to do with regard to psychosis, but the irritating noises and disturbing visuals are very off-putting to me.
I really enjoyed it, but it’s a dark and disturbing journey from beginning to end that’s definitely not for everyone.
canedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:27 pmNext I fired up Rise of the Tomb Raider for some Uncharted-style action. It's definitely a poor man's Nathan Drake deal... not bad, but not on the Naughty Dog level. I'm in an area now where I've run into a bunch of roadblocks ("Can't go here, don't have the rope arrows!" "Can't go here, don't have the lockpick!").
Rise of the Tomb Raider is more detached from the Uncharted-style cinematic linear spectacle formula that Tomb Raider 2013 offered, and is more of an open-ended action adventure game. I personally like it more than Tomb Raider 2013 and the Uncharted games, but I know that a lot of people didn’t care for its change in direction.