UltraGoodness 2
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 163: 2/13/21: Valentine’s Day Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Maneater PS5

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 41 games

Did you get everything set up for gaming, Phase? More of the same from me this week, still workin on these 2 games...
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Ion Fury, Ghostrunner, Citizens Unite! Earth x Space

Last week: Finished nothing, played P5 Royal

This week: Guess. :P

Getting close to the 100 hour mark in P5. I'm at the end of Noir's dungeon, close to the end of Sept. I have a little over a week before P5 Strikers comes out, so I think I'll make it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:17 pmDid you get everything set up for gaming, Phase?
For the most part, but I still don’t have internet here so I can’t play my PS4 digital games until I do.

I strained myself (I have a hernia) the day after I moved in carrying several heavy boxes from the car to my room, and that in addition to my DKA symptoms put me out of commission for over a week. I’m just now starting to feel a little better.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Let me guess, you got the hernia lifting your backlog? :) For real, sorry to hear that. Hope you're better.

Played recently: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 11 (9 PS4, 1 Vita, 1 Switch)

I'm having more fun with RotTR now that I get what it's trying to do. Still annoyed at areas that are locked off till you get Item X, Y or Z, but it's a good time to explore, solve puzzles and shoot dudes.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:06 amLet me guess, you got the hernia lifting your backlog?
:lol:
canedaddy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:06 amFor real, sorry to hear that. Hope you're better.
Thanks.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Man phase, that blows. I really feel for you dude, hernias ain't no joke!

Played:...Everything. No seriously, I can't find a thing to focus on at the moment so I am cycling through whatever I got, PS Now, Vita...hell, I am supposed to start playing Mario 3D world with the wife. ME. AND A NINTENDO SYSTEM! I am desperate (c'mon P5 Strikers...)

Beat: Nothing

This week: P5 Strikers and I intend on beat 13 Sentinels by Thursday.

Bought: P5 Strikers, Sakura Wars

So. Life and whatnot, amirite guys? Anyway, Valentine's got completely derailed because my wife's 94 year old grandmother was have trouble moving her knees so couldn't walk. Get over to her house and then realized she had to go to the hospital. They tested her for the 'rona and this 94 year old woman who has left the house 4 times in the past year only to go to the doctor had the 'rona. Awesome (the doctors don't seem to care and are not treating her for it as she is not exhibiting any symptoms and they are just monitoring while they deal with her complaints and other issues they are finding). So around 3 in the morning Monday we get tested (negative thankfully). However, we were going to go away at the end of the week to go skiing but we can't because we have to get another test in 10 days to confirm our negative status. So in order to make sure we don't give it to anybody else if we might be carrying it, we agreed to cancel the trip. Also, I have been so sparse in these parts lately because our foster bros went back to their mom (which is bittersweet but we know it's the only right choice because that family NEEDS to be together, such a crazy backstory). And then there's work (it's really grinding on the staff and students, we have been doing this a year as of March 13 and people are burning out and tired). So I haven't been able to focus on anything lately. But a couple quick notes:

-DQ11S is too pleasant right now. I really love how that game feels but I'm not in a good headspace to stick with it if that makes any sense.

-FF7R I am cooling on HARD. I just did the Don Corneo stuff and they kept Cloud alone with Aeris for WAY too long. Aeris flipping blows. I don't know how I made it through with her for so long...oh wait, it's because I would play maybe an hour or two a week because she's so useless and grating that's all I could stand. There is one boss fight during this stretch that really exposed all the issues I have with the battle system. They needed to decide between MP and ATB, they should never have done both (especially since it doesn't appear to apply to enemies who can do whatever whenever). It's beautiful, sounds great and when it clicks, the game SLAPS...but the pacing is godawful. I will finish it, I am just in no rush to get there at the moment.

-I started Yakuza 3. Yakuza 3 might be my new least favorite Yakuza (1 and 2 used to be but Kiwami and Kiwami 2 were pretty baller). It is scratching that itch I had for a PS2/PS3 light action rpg but they start Kazuma out with so much ring rust that is absolutely not an issue in other games. They needed to give him more abilities considering the way the game starts. Also, the fight with Rikiya better not be the rest of the game with just chip damage against bosses with too big a life bar. But I so love the orphanage kids already...I think they might drag me through, they are all so delightful, I love it!

Off to start my GOTY thread, later fam!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:03 pm -I started Yakuza 3. Yakuza 3 might be my new least favorite Yakuza (1 and 2 used to be but Kiwami and Kiwami 2 were pretty baller).

We're so disappointed in you, Uncle Crim.

Sorry about your grandmother-in-law. Dang. Hope she stays OK. And sorry about your ski trip... (you're into skiing?? :? )
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

What, I said the orphanage stuff is the thing that will keep me going until it becomes the Yakuza I know is there :P.

And thanks. Also, no. My wife is mad into adventuring and so I have to go on them because happy wife, happy life and all that. This would have been my first ski trip ever. Please note, I would have taken my PS4 with us as I do all the adventures we go on together (if she gets to bring her Switch, I can bring my PS4. We had that talk :P ).
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

All right, adventuring is good.

I've only gone on one ski trip. Got about a half-hour from the place and the roads were closed, had to turn back. It's probably good, I'm sure I would have done a Sonny Bono. :P