The Backlog Check-in Vol. 171: 4/10/21: SaGa Frontier Remastered/Shadow Man Remastered Edition

crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 171: 4/10/21: SaGa Frontier Remastered/Shadow Man Remastered Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:36 pm
crimson_tide wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:17 pmYOU DELETE YOUR SAVES :shock: :shock: :shock: ???? Man, that's a power move, bruh. I could never even think about it, especially for a 100+ hour beast like Odyssey. I still have PS1 memory cards for just on case :lol: ! Can I ask when and why you do that? Do you do it with all your games? Do you never go back to pick up or finish off a game? I am so intrigued by this, don't leave me hanging fam Phase :) !
I delete my saves when I finish my games, once they’re done I won’t play them again for a really long time if at all. If I do decide to play a game again that I finished, I’ll start it at the very beginning to experience it all over again in its entirety.

I currently have 500+ PS4 games, so it’s unlikely that I’ll want to replay too many of them again after finishing them. I have a lot of Xbox 360 games that I would like to play again because it’s been so long since I played them and I would like to experience them again, but I don’t know when or if that will ever happen since I have so many PS4 games that I want to play that I haven’t played yet.
:shock: ...you right, fam Phase. I guess I have bought into the whole 'this is the record of your time, you NEED ALL YOUR SAVES' mentality coupled with PS+ having a cloud backup system, I never would have thought to delete my saves. But with having a ridiculous backlog myself (only 400+ :P ) on PS4 alone, it's not like I have a real reason to go back to anything except a scant few every now and again (ie boss fights in Sonic Generations or KH3 data battles) I don't go back to old games to complete anything for any reason the vast majority of the time. I am currently running through Yakuza games again and not using old saves because I want a fresh experience. Your reasoning is sound.

That being said, I will continue being sheeple and hanging onto each and every save irrationally even though I agree with you entirely on this topic. :P
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 171: 4/10/21: SaGa Frontier Remastered/Shadow Man Remastered Edition

Post by canedaddy »

I'm like you, hanging on to a bunch of saves for games I'll never play again. Makes no sense at all.
argyle

Post by argyle »

While Phase is most definitely right in spirit - most games these days are so complex that even if you DID want to go back to one and pick up where you left off you would have no clue how to play it or what you were doing last (see Darksiders 3 for my last run-in with this :( ). That said, saves take up no space and it doesn't cost anything to keep them, so I keep them all. :P Heck, if nothing else you never know when a sequel is gonna go "hey, you played Janitor Sim 1?? Here's a purple mop!". :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis