The Backlog Check-in Vol. 172: 4/17/21: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion Edition

crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 172: 4/17/21: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Oh you would have hated most of the DLC for Odyssey fam Phase. It's all fantasy nonsense.

So Yakuza 3 is the one where they clearly thought to just do substories. There are so gosh dang many of them! But it makes sense because the leveling system in this one is just grundy, arbitrary nonsense. But I am also halfway done with it so I will get through. The plot points are sparse and the cutscenes long do it's padded. I can't imagine it takes more than 20 hours to get through the game sans substories. But at least they're good :) .

Also Shadow of War has all the pieces but it is missing something because it's kind of a bore. I don't know what it is. I like it but only in spurts.

Oh and I am buying God Eater 3 because I want to fight giant bosses with overly large weapons for about 20-30 hours.
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 172: 4/17/21: Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion Edition

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:20 am I'm not going to Google it, but there is no way Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion Edition is real. No. Way.
Never underestimate the ability of millennials to give stupid names to things.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Argyle, fam..we aren't much better. Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom exists. Kingdom Hearts exists (Nomura is actually OLDER than us). Hell, they're ubiquitous NOW, but Super Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog, ANY Final Fantasy beyond the original, et al sound ridiculous too. All's I'm saying is let's focus our ageism on the real enemy...boomers like the old man himself, canedaddy :P !...wait, are you a boomer old man? I don't know how any of the age brackets work...am I a boomer? Or Gen X...wait, AM I A MILLENIAL :shock: !!!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I am a boomer... for some reason they include people born in 1963 in the generation that came after WWII even though we have nothing in common with those septuagenarians. (Well, aside from my arthritic knee. And gray hair. And anger at how you dang kids have mucked up everything!)