The Backlog Check-in Vol. 174: 5/1/21: Resident Evil Village Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 174: 5/1/21: Resident Evil Village Edition

Post by canedaddy »

We might have to go to war over your Rikiya slander. Yakuza 3 is dope and Rikiya is a prince.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:33 pmYakuza 3 is dope
It’s my favorite in the series (sorry crim), but I haven’t played 5, 6, or Like a Dragon yet.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

It might be my favorite too, but I still need to get to 6 and Like a Dragon.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

You played it over 10 years ago, let it go :P . It's not exactly timeless and desperately needs a Kiwami upgrade. It sadly does not hold up in terms of gameplay. The story is top notch Yakuza soap operatics on the highest level but the gameplay just lets it all down. Much like Yakuza 2 used to be my least favorite until Kiwami 2, I imagine a Kiwami 3 would have me singing its praises. I know I will have some qualms with 4 and 5 is Yakuza excess to an absurd level (can't wait, bear fights and dance battles!) but 3 is just not a Yakuza I will be revisiting in the future...good thing reminisce mode exists ;) !

6 and Like a Dragon are ridiculously fun, give them a go old man :) ! 6 is a great send off for Kazuma and Like a Dragon is a great passing of the torch I never in a million year would not think they would have been able to pull off with so much investment in Kazuma. They are well, well worth the time. The baby scene in 6, Ono Michio, the actual plot..6 is just peak Kazuma balling out!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I'm definitely planning to play them, but as much as I love Yakuza, I have to space them out since there is a lot of sameyness there (maybe not with Like a Dragon). And I realize 3 might not feel great if I played it now... a cruel lesson I've learned every time I've tried to go back and play all-time faves like GTA VC and SA.