Rabisco+
Retro Machina
Rift Raccoon
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse
Shred! 2
Space Commander: War and Trade
Subnautica: Below Zero
Sunblaze
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sat May 15, 2021 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 175: 5/8/21: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Ratchet & Clank 2016 PS4 (story)

Now Playing: Immortals: Fenyx Rising PS5, Ratchet & Clank 2016 PS4

Added to Backlog: Wreckfest PS5

Current Backlog: 39 games

Beat the story in Ratchet & Clank, now I just need to play through again in Challenge Mode. Let's get that RYNO some action!
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 175: 5/8/21: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Played: House Hunters 8: Infinity War (Hopefully next week is Endgame...if not, we'll be at Ant Man And The Wasp and Captain Marvel before we get there...but then all the pieces should be in place for Endgame :D )...and Yakuza 3...I'm in the final chapter and at the part where I am actually going to solve the Cafe Alps murder substory this time and wrap up the HLA Hitman sidequest stuff (but not actually beat. The final boss of that is just too much for me) :)

Bought:...Odin sphere and...Trials of Mana physical...wait, those might have been last week...I dunno, time is just running all together at this point...mostly because house hunting is just awful and life consuming...

This week: I think I should wrap up Yakuza 3 today and save 4 for the summer (but I really do love 4...). After that, I dunno. Shadow of War was perfectly fine, maybe I'll go back to that. It can be meandered through sluggishly in bite size chunks. Plus, I do not care even a little about whatever the hell is happening in the plot so losing the thread is of little worry. It's just fun to play with all the powers in combat and stuff and the exploration bits and traversal are fun. Might be a good taking a break from packing game (seriously bruhs, I hope this house hunting bull**** is done by this weekend :( ...)
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Crim, Ghost Recon: Wildlands is currently on sale for $14.99 at the PS Store. GO, GO, GO!!!!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Thanks fam Phase, I saw that. Then I saw the ultimate edition for $35 and apparently the dlc is not like...good. So I will likely jump on this soon :) . This El Sueno character is...a lot... seriously, the face tattoo, why? :P

More Yakuza 3 musings now that I slept on it. I think I wanted a whole ass game with just them kids and Kazuma teaching them how to be objectively good people regardless of how the world treats them. Running around being a dad (but like a Kazuma dad who will run roughshod when necessary) is actually a super appealing idea to me. I thought I liked Kamarucho more but nah. It was fine. At best. The destruction of the orphanage was flipping gut wrenching, bruh! And it's because they made you take care of the kids and it wasn't a substory. They clearly wanted it to be the focus. They seemed to have learned their lesson by 6 because that game is a masterclass in tone and pacing. It's strange, funny and heart rending all at once but it never feels off, like you want to be doing something else that the game easily provided. I am glad I went back to 3. It's not the best in the series but they were trying some things that they nurtured in 4 and 5 but definitely paid off in 0 and 6 especially. We couldn't have got there without them trying something like 3. I will give 4 and 5 a go later this year and expect to have some minor quibbles (apparently I am not the only one who has issues with 3 as the internet is not kind to this game). But I am really looking forward to the multiple protagonist approach which I think they pulled off exceptionally well.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:33 pmThanks fam Phase, I saw that. Then I saw the ultimate edition for $35 and apparently the dlc is not like...good. So I will likely jump on this soon :) .
The base game is packed with content including its original release content, and the content that they added to it after it came out similar to what they did with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.