Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground
Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World
World’s End Club
Wraith: The Oblivion - Afterlife
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 177: 5/22/21: Biomutant Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Immortals: Fenyx Rising PS5, Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 39 games

Put some good time into Immortals last week, still enjoying the heck out of it. Not sure what the best upgrades are, but I've got some decent special attacks and my potions are much better quality than you start off with (I had no idea you could upgrade potions until like 15 hours into it, lol).
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Trine 4

Finished: Trine 4

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 11 (7 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I've been playing Trine 4 with my younger daughter when she visits and we finally beat it this weekend. The last boss fight is ridiculously annoying... very unlike anything in the other Trine games. VERY happy to finally get through it after, I'd guess, 50 tries.

I haven't started anything else on PS4. Waiting to see what's coming in this sale tomorrow...

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/18 ... ff-may-26/

Hopefully those will be some deep discounts.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I got around to some gaming time finally.

I played some Curious Expedition - which I had played a fair bit last year, but I played about 10 more hours of that. Really good modern take of the Oregon Trail formula, more or less. Really endless replayability if it really clicks. I've sent more than 20 hours in total with it, and I can see myself returning to it from time to time.

I also started up the 2014 PC remake of the classic point 'n click, Shadowgate. (Never played the original 1987 Macintosh version - or any of the others.) It's got great atmosphere and I was in the mood for the genre. So far so good.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Hey izzy, imma buy the 8 Bit Adventure Anthology and it has Shadowgate, The Uninvited and De Ja Vu on it! I haven't played these games in years and it's only a little over $3 on PSN :) .

Played: Yakuza 4, DQ11S, Wildlands, Andromeda...other things...eh whatever, House Hunters X: Marvel's Inhumans??? (yeah, ish got too real bruh...not sure this house thing is happening this year now...so we're cancelled like Inhumans possibly is the joke...I guess? I really wanted to make a Jason X reference but that would just make me sad...bummer. House hunting sucks, don't do it).

This week: Probably DQ11S

Bought: Nuttin...

So yeah. Things are hitting walls and thing beyond our control means the now months of house hunting are in jeopardy. All those weekends of gaming I gave up for nothing :oops: ...

So Wildlands and Andromeda. I can DEFINITELY see the appeal fam Phase, good call on both of them, thanks! They are good but a bit much for me right now. I will dig in over the summer possibly, they seem like they take way too much thought, more than I can muster at the moment. I am going back into comfort gaming. Yakuza 4 of course (because I am me) and DQ11S are hitting right now. Especially DQ. So breezy and inviting to just vibe with...glad I held off on rushing through it as I intended back in the beginning of the year. It's the kind of game I need right now. So gosh dang pleasant to play, bruh...
isthatallyougot

crimson_tide wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:35 pm Hey izzy, imma buy the 8 Bit Adventure Anthology and it has Shadowgate, The Uninvited and De Ja Vu on it! I haven't played these games in years and it's only a little over $3 on PSN :) .
Didn't know anything about that. Just added it to my steam wishlist.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but do any of you guys have experience with Kingdom Come Deliverance? It's on sale for $9.99 on PSN.
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:34 pm I'm sure this has been discussed before, but do any of you guys have experience with Kingdom Come Deliverance? It's on sale for $9.99 on PSN.
I haven't played it yet, but it's in my steam backlog. It's one of those games that I'm absolutely certain I'll love whenever I get around to it though. I'm such a sucker for medieval era &/or high fantasy. (I know this is more grounded.) One day I'll fire it up...maybe. :P

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:34 pmI'm sure this has been discussed before, but do any of you guys have experience with Kingdom Come Deliverance? It's on sale for $9.99 on PSN.
I bought it on day one back when it came out, and I enjoyed it. It didn’t blow my socks off or anything, but it’s still a fairly entertaining first person open world medieval action RPG with a decent story and cast of characters.

And just in case you didn’t know, it’s the Royal Edition that’s currently on sale for $9.99 at the PS Store which includes all of the game’s DLC. That’s pretty much a steal since that would be a good price even for the vanilla version of the game IMO.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks. I went ahead and grabbed it and started it last night. So far, so good.