The Backlog Check-in Vol. 181: 6/19/21: Mario Golf: Super Rush/Scarlet Nexus Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 181: 6/19/21: Mario Golf: Super Rush/Scarlet Nexus Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX
Babol the Walking Box
Bitmaster
Cross the Moon
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos
Empire of Angels IV
Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights
The Eternal Castle
Fallen Knight
Infinitrap
Legend of Mana Remastered
LEGO Builder’s Journey
Mario Golf: Super Rush
Mighty Aphid
Minute of Islands
Mixups by Powgi
Niche: A Genetics Survival Game
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: The Official Game
Out of Line
Phantom Abyss
Scarlet Nexus
Shadows of Adam
The Strange Story of Brian Fisher
Super Magbot
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 181: 6/19/21: Mario Golf: Super Rush/Scarlet Nexus Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Immortals: Fenyx Rising PS5, Final Fantasy VII Remake

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Played a little FF7 Remake and some Immortals, but couldn't play anything over the weekend due to some construction in my place. This week will be mostly quiet as I've got a bunch of post-construction cleaning to do and it's the end of the fiscal year at work (aka craziness).
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 181: 6/19/21: Mario Golf: Super Rush/Scarlet Nexus Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Death Stranding, Subnautica

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: Subnautica

Current backlog: 18 (14 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I bailed on Death Stranding. I dug the weirdness but was turned off by the gameplay of hiking/sneaking, with so many systems to keep track of.

I fired up Subnautica (old PS+ game, I believe) and it's pretty good so far. Anybody here play it?
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Oof, fiscal year craziness. That's one of the things that drove me far, far, FAR from the business world (though it has a strange way of cropping up in public education too but not to the business world degree). Sorry about that bit j, but hope the construction is going well!

Watch Dogs Legion is so dang cheap already, why won't Ubi just lower Immortals so I can buy it already :evil: !!!! That or Valhalla will do I guess but still, $30 with season pass and I am in Ubi, let's do this!

Played:...not a lot. I Tetris'd the **** out of a U haul and then the 5x8 storage space with an utterly ridiculous king size bedroom set my wife really wanted. That was literally all of Saturday :| ...I think I touched DQ11S...oh and of course House Hunters 14: Ok. So I think were at the part where the gratuitous (but seriously, it was still badass) shot of all the MCU women making a path for...something, I haven't actually watched Endgame in actual years now, this is all fro memory. I mean, they should have found ANY way of getting Black Widow in there, but it was still baller...then I think Thanos and Iron Man fight even though they really, REALLY should have let Nebula get in here...look, I have to wait until next week for the owner to get their **** together so I can close and get this done and move on to far less interesting but still fun Spider Man Far From Home references after the closing is done and it is all about the move...I'm dragging out this out until the Iron Man does the snap for the closing. Sorry. y'all just going to have to deal with it...what, I had it timed to this week because we were supposed to close Friday and they changed the closing date, it ain't my fault this schtick has to get dragged out :P .

Bought: Cross Code, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Hyperlight Drifter

This week: I think DQ11S might get a little break. I want to go hang out with the Phantom Thieves for a bit and do a summer road trip across Japan stealing hearts and all that. So I will be dabbling with P5 Strikers and to get into it so I can have that be my July game :) .
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:19 am Watch Dogs Legion is so dang cheap already, why won't Ubi just lower Immortals so I can buy it already :evil: !!!! That or Valhalla will do I guess but still, $30 with season pass and I am in Ubi, let's do this!
I got it last week on sale for $21 at GS.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I like a lot about Subnautica, but I'm bailing on it after 5-6 hours. Two big things are holding it back for me:

1- The pop-in is awful on my base PS4, and that's a big problem in a game where you're diving down and trying to see things on the ocean floor with limited oxygen capacity.

2- I realized last night that some of the beats that move the story along are dished out with secret codes found here and there... so it's either constantly consult a guide or just try to cover every nook and cranny -- again, with limited oxygen capacity and having to eat and drink. No thanks.