Onirike
The Procession to Calvary
Sky: Children of Light
Tarzan VR
Treasure Hunter Simulator
Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Chaos Wastes
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 182: 6/26/21: Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm still playing - and loving - M&L Bowser's Inside Story. I don't think there's too much left, but it's been great fun, like all the other Mario rpgs I've played.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 182: 6/26/21: Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Immortals: Fenyx Rising PS5, Final Fantasy VII Remake

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Played absolutely nothing. They are still doing construction here and are struggling to get it right. :|
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:02 pm I'm still playing - and loving - M&L Bowser's Inside Story. I don't think there's too much left, but it's been great fun, like all the other Mario rpgs I've played.
I was sure I played that game but I just checked Backloggery and I didn't put it there. I'm very confused. :? I loved Superstar Saga and Partners in Time... guess I need to get Bowser's Inside Story.

Played recently: The Outer Worlds

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: The Outer Worlds

Current backlog: 18 (14 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

The Outer Worlds is a lot of fun so far. Just what the doctor ordered.
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:24 am I was sure I played that game but I just checked Backloggery and I didn't put it there. I'm very confused. :? I loved Superstar Saga and Partners in Time... guess I need to get Bowser's Inside Story.
The joys of aging. You get to experience things again as if they were brand new. (Where am I?! :P)

Yeah, it's great. I'm close to done I think, and I'd probably still rank SS above it slightly. But it can hold its head high as an all-time classic for me. I really enjoyed the combination of playing as Bowser and the Bros.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

High praise! Adding it to the ol' Backloggery wish list.
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:13 pm The joys of aging. You get to experience things again as if they were brand new. (Where am I?! :P)
This is so true!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

The first game I played on my GBA was Mario and Luigi. I loved Fawful and the prince who made the screen flash when he stroked his hair :lol: . But I had to stop because I got to some castle with a boss rush toward the end and then realized how terrible I was at the game. I just don't have the reflexes to keep up and defend or get extra hits like I needed with the battle system. I eased off the Mario rpg games after that. However, I made it through like a dragon and that had a similar battle system...

Played: Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, DQ11S, House Hunters XV:... doesn't Thanos like try to get a group of his people to kamikaze the heroes or something in like a last ditch effort because it turns out he's not inevitable...sure, we're there now.

Bought: A lot. I bought a lot. It was a long school year and I bought myself a bunch of games because I wanted them. A lot of fighting games for some reason: Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, DBZ Kakarot, DB FighterZ, Kill La Kill, Soul Calibur 6.

This week: Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory

I ******** LOVE Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory. It's NOT worth anything to anyone who's not a fan of the music but as someone who adores this soundtrack...I should have just paid full price for it. I repeat it is NOT a good rhythm game. At all. But I am loving it... haven't played anything since I started it.
isthatallyougot

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:29 pm The first game I played on my GBA was Mario and Luigi. I loved Fawful and the prince who made the screen flash when he stroked his hair :lol: . But I had to stop because I got to some castle with a boss rush toward the end and then realized how terrible I was at the game. I just don't have the reflexes to keep up and defend or get extra hits like I needed with the battle system. I eased off the Mario rpg games after that. However, I made it through like a dragon and that had a similar battle system...
The final boss is pretty difficult in SS, no doubt.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

According to my Backloggery, I somehow beat the game with my geriatric reflexes, so you, as a world-class young athlete, have no excuse, crim.
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:07 pm According to my Backloggery, I somehow beat the game with my geriatric reflexes, so you, as a world-class young athlete, have no excuse, crim.
I remember you beating it (SS, if that's what you're referring to.) I also remember the last boss being kind of tough. (It was for me too.) It's not something you really expect in a Mario rpg - maybe just due to tone more than anything though.

But yeah crim.

:P