The Backlog Check-in Vol. 182: 6/26/21: Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 182: 6/26/21: Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Gotta love Jon Taffer. :lol:

(Yes, I was referring to Superstar Saga.)
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 182: 6/26/21: Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Nah. I lift bruh. You don't need reflexes for that :P . I'mma just stick to my little baby Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory nonsense. So I just beat it. My musically inclined wife was actually mad at how off key the game itself was. This is not a good rhythm game. I love it. I love it so much...

Sooo...ummm... there's actually lore in here? For some reason? It was all condensed, recycled cutscenes but the the final bit is like an hour long lore dump of new stuff. But why? Whatever, I beat it. I loved it. I am pleased.

Might try to get this arena fighter itch scratched with Kill La Kill since it's supposed to be short. That's after I tear into this Neo The World Ends With You demo, see just how beefy this sucker is. The DQ11S and Trials of Mana demos spoiled me so I have some high expectations...
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:29 pm This is not a good rhythm game. I love it. I love it so much...

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Your image link is broken izzy, no sick burn for you :P !

As revenge for subjecting her to Melody of Memory, my wife watched the interminably long and truly godawful Verzuz featuring Keith Sweat v. Bobby Brown. You want off key, no rhythm, I offer current day Bobby Brown. Neither of them actually really performed and just sat there drinking. You know, like most Verzuz. I really, really hate Verzuz. She won't stop watching them on the tv where my PS4 lives. I gave up and went to bed early. She knows me far too well, her vengeance worked :| ...
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

No sick burn. I just thought it was worthy of a chuckle. :)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

You're telling me hard living has beaten the musical abilities out of Bobby Brown? The "My Prerogative"/"Don't Be Cruel"/New Edition Bobby Brown?? :cry:
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:37 am You're telling me hard living has beaten the musical abilities out of Bobby Brown? The "My Prerogative"/"Don't Be Cruel"/New Edition Bobby Brown?? :cry:
He was also on The Masked Singer, didn't sound too bad to me. Not sure if that was before or after his appearance on this Verzuz show.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:38 am No sick burn. I just thought it was worthy of a chuckle. :)

Cool beans :) !

Ummm...soooo...look, Verzuz is sponsored by Ciroc. Part of the problem I have with Verzuz is why my wife loves it. The performers chosen don't really perform. They just have the dj run through their playlist and they regale the audience with behind the music tales and whatnot. However, they are clearly tipsy to 3 sheets to the wind by the end. Bobby shouldn't be in this environment given his hard living. He just was winded, old, tired, off key and just not what he was. Keith Sweat came off as a cool uncle and Bobby was...not. He's been fine before like the BET New Edition reunion was fine. Verzuz format did him no favors.

However, I am here to complain because... goddammit, I'mma go ahead and buy Immortals Fenix Rising. It's $40 for the gold edition this weekend and the praise is fairly unanimous...I did flipping love Odyssey so more of that can't be bad...