Sam & Max: This Time it’s Virtual
The Silver Case 2425
Super Destronaut DX-2
Swords of Legends Online
Walden, A Game
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 183: 7/3/21: Independence Day Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Played: Immortals Fenyx Rising :) , Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory :) , DQ11S, House Hunters XVI: Ok so Thanos has the gauntlet and is all like 'I am inevitable' and snaps but realizes nothing happened because Tony Stark is all like '...and I am Iron Man' and...look, we're supposedly closing Thursday but considering all the hoops, I ain't sure. I really hope we close Thursday. I can't drag this Endgame finale bit much longer...like one more week at best...then I have to move on to Far From Home. Sorry, I was really trying to save the Tony Stark snap for the grand finale.

Bought: Immortals Fenyx Rising Gold Edition (glad I waited, they have a pretty decent DLC suite here :) )

Finished: Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory 8-)

This week: Fenyx

So Immortals is a jam, fam! I really am enjoying it. I immediately made my Fenyx into goofy cartoony Kassandra because I flipping LOVED Kassandra so now this is just a goofy Odyssey romp with the added bonus of her stupid brother actually being dead this time. The combat is fun, the puzzles nicely paced and thought out, movement feels solid, it's mad colorful and pretty...this is just a straight up game ass game right here! I actually like the framing device for the admittedly dry story. I get why people ragged on the tone of the story, it's weird to look so cartoony but take such a weirdly dark turn with the humor. But I think that's the point the more I play it. It just doesn't work all the time but the story/tone is far less obtrusive than I thought it would be. Really looking forward to more, this is the exact kind of PS2 style B game romp I have been looking for forever now. Argyle was right :) !
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm right at the final boss in M&L, but I had to charge my battery last time I played, so victory had to wait.

I need to get back to Shadowgate before forget what the heck I was doing. I'll go back to that when I'm done with M&L.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Hope you all had a great Fantavision Day. :lol:

Played recently: The Outer Worlds

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 18 (14 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I'm having a great time with The Outer Worlds. It's a shame the sequel will be locked away on the Xbox.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Uhhhhh...j. Bruh. The hell just went down in DQ11S? Ish just got real, son! I was not ready. Like I kinda saw something coming but not that. I thought these were light, airy affairs, these DQ games. I really feel like I missed out...oh and for reference, I am over 50 hours and it's the thing with the tree. You know...
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:58 pm Uhhhhh...j. Bruh. The hell just went down in DQ11S? Ish just got real, son! I was not ready. Like I kinda saw something coming but not that. I thought these were light, airy affairs, these DQ games. I really feel like I missed out...oh and for reference, I am over 50 hours and it's the thing with the tree. You know...
Are you talking about the end of "Act 1"? DQ XI has some interesting twists and turns, that's for sure!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

That one got me too.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

jfissel wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:07 pm Are you talking about the end of "Act 1"? DQ XI has some interesting twists and turns, that's for sure!
Bruh...I had to look it up to see what you were on about :P . I didn't know that the game was broken into acts by the fans, that's cool :) . I am more than a little daunted that I just got to the end of Act 1 50+ hours into the game but it's all good. I am going to dig in a few hours this week to see if I just march through or put off going to the end because I don't know if you've heard but Neo The World Ends With You is out at the end of the month and that is getting my FULL attention (that demo is aces...). One of the best things about DQ11S has been I could put it down for a huge tract of time and come back to it later. But that twist sure did a number and I am curious to see how they work out of this pickle (I have money on Sylvando and Erik to solve this ish, they my boys!!!).