The Backlog Check-in Vol. 186: 7/24/21: NEO: The World Ends With You Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 186: 7/24/21: NEO: The World Ends With You Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Added: Asdivine Cross, Darksiders Genesis, Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories, Far Cry 4, LEGO Jurassic World, Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection, Samurai Shodown VI, Yakuza: Like a Dragon

I’m still playing Diablo III despite finding it repetitive. It’s not overly challenging so it’s easy to pick up and play and never be frustrated, and there’s a slight appeal to its gameplay loop of slaughtering onslaughts of creatures/demons/monsters and constantly getting better armor/gear/weapons. The story and characters are just interesting enough to keep me interested, and the environments are nice looking so I like traversing through them. I’m having a good enough time with it to finish it I think.

Games releasing this week
Alfonzo’s Arctic Adventure
Alone With You
Apple Slash
The Ascent
Ayo the Clown
Blaster Master Zero 3
Blightbound
Bustafellows
Chernobylite
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone
Cuccchi
Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX+
Dr. Atominus
Eldest Souls
Escape From Naraka
Flowlines VS
The Forgotten City
Fuga: Melodies of Steel
Gaps by POWGI
Get Packed: Fully Loaded
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
HighFleet
Horror Tales: The Wine
Inbento
The Innsmouth Case
Ion Driver
Omno
Paint the Town Red
In Rays of the Light
Madness Beverage
Microsoft Flight Simulator
NEO: The World Ends With You
Night Book
Samurai Warriors 5
Skydrift Infinity
Splitgate: Arena Warfare
Tribes of Midgard
Trigger Witch
Unbound: Worlds Apart
Vesper
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 186: 7/24/21: NEO: The World Ends With You Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Immortals: Fenyx Rising PS5, Final Fantasy VII Remake

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Finally got to play some FF VII last week, currently in chapter 4.

I see Phase bought Yakuza: Like a Dragon...good times.
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 186: 7/24/21: NEO: The World Ends With You Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 17 (13 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I'm still having fun with Immortals. Wrapping up the Aphrodite area. Dumb question possibly, but are you supposed to clear that last mission before moving to the next area? Is there an obvious choice for next area?
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:20 pm Played recently: Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 17 (13 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I'm still having fun with Immortals. Wrapping up the Aphrodite area. Dumb question possibly, but are you supposed to clear that last mission before moving to the next area? Is there an obvious choice for next area?
Not sure what the last mission is for that area, but there is one you complete which puts an objective in the other areas. As far as I know, you can do them in any order. I just kept going around clockwise and that seemed to work fine.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Cool. Thanks, j! I was talking about the long Aphrodite vault with all the seeds to kill and whatnot. I did it last night, moving on now.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Played:.. actually, I played a shocking chunk of DQ11S, House Hunters XVII...WE WON...but at what cost?

At what cost?...

AT WHAT COST???...

...about $4500. Because the central ac unit went as soon as we moved in. Seriously, the very same day. I hate buying houses. I hate it so much. At least I am grateful we can afford to cover it. Not comfortably, but we will be fine. It's being installed now.

Bought: NEO: THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU!!!! WHAT, YOU THOUGHT THAT AC NONSENSE WAS GOING TO STOP ME, OH NO FAM!!! I NEED MORE THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU!!!

This week:... DQ11S. What, it got like really good, it's not my fault...I still have to watch The World Ends With You anime anyway since the game is a sequel to that and not necessarily the original game
Last edited by crimson_tide on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

I'm not seeing any images, crim. I'll just use my imagination.

In other news, a friend of mine asked for my help to get a PS5. I told him that it was going to require some determination and then a healthy amount of luck. I linked him to some news articles where they outline the best ways to help get one (who to follow on social media, etc). Yesterday, he told me about the Walmart 3pm drop too late. So I started following @PS5StockAlerts myself on twitter. Fast forward to this morning at 7:43am and my phone beeps with a Target stock alert via that twitter handle. I click the link, see that it's for store pickup at the nearest Target to me, add to cart, my Redcard fails for some reason, so I scramble to enter another credit card. Everything went through fine and I got a confirmation email within a few minutes. Meanwhile, he had seen the same alert but got locked out for another store's stock.

So basically, I got one on my first try since the pre-order in September. >< If you want one, keep at it!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

jfissel wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:54 pm I'm not seeing any images, crim. I'll just use my imagination.
Maybe he just wanted to share the word "image" with us multiple times. :P It is a nice word.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

jfissel wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:54 pm I'm not seeing any images, crim. I'll just use my imagination.

In other news, a friend of mine asked for my help to get a PS5. I told him that it was going to require some determination and then a healthy amount of luck. I linked him to some news articles where they outline the best ways to help get one (who to follow on social media, etc). Yesterday, he told me about the Walmart 3pm drop too late. So I started following @PS5StockAlerts myself on twitter. Fast forward to this morning at 7:43am and my phone beeps with a Target stock alert via that twitter handle. I click the link, see that it's for store pickup at the nearest Target to me, add to cart, my Redcard fails for some reason, so I scramble to enter another credit card. Everything went through fine and I got a confirmation email within a few minutes. Meanwhile, he had seen the same alert but got locked out for another store's stock.

So basically, I got one on my first try since the pre-order in September. >< If you want one, keep at it!
Fixed! Now it's actually funny. Not the situation, but I take the small victories where I can get them :).

And I straight up had an intervention with my wife about not getting me a PS5. She's been looking since the preorders went up and it's just not worth it. I have way, way, way too many PS4 games to keep me occupied like NEO: The World Ends With You (in stores now!!! Go buy it even if you're never going to play it. IZZY :| . :P ) and even my recently unearthed PS3 is going to get some play (I have a hankering to beat Yakuza Dead Souls for no good reason). She was looking for months and part of 90 Twitter alert groups. Her credit card is still on my PS account because she was trying to use it to get me a PS5 directly from Sony. I'm good for now, I'll get one when I get one. :)
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:54 pmIn other news, a friend of mine asked for my help to get a PS5. I told him that it was going to require some determination and then a healthy amount of luck. I linked him to some news articles where they outline the best ways to help get one (who to follow on social media, etc). Yesterday, he told me about the Walmart 3pm drop too late. So I started following @PS5StockAlerts myself on twitter. Fast forward to this morning at 7:43am and my phone beeps with a Target stock alert via that twitter handle. I click the link, see that it's for store pickup at the nearest Target to me, add to cart, my Redcard fails for some reason, so I scramble to enter another credit card. Everything went through fine and I got a confirmation email within a few minutes. Meanwhile, he had seen the same alert but got locked out for another store's stock.

Thanks for the advice, but I don’t currently want one and actually don’t plan on getting one unless my PS4 disc drive stops working. I own 500+ PS4 games, and the following are PS4 games out/coming out that I want:

Biomutant
Diablo II: Resurrected
Dying Light 2
Elden Ring
Far Cry 6
God of War Ragnarok
Gotham Knights
Guardians of the Galaxy
Horizon Forbidden West
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Life is Strange: True Colors
Little Nightmares II
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Psychonauts 2
Resident Evil Village
Stray
Tales of Arise
Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World

And that’s not including whatever PS4 digital games that I buy during future PS Store sales. I also still have some unplayed Xbox 360 games that I want to play, and Xbox/Xbox 360 games that I want to play again. So the last thing that I need right now is another game console, I’ve got more to play now than I’ll ever realistically get to.