The Backlog Check-in Vol. 187: 7/31/21: Apex Legends Emergence Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 187: 7/31/21: Apex Legends Emergence Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:59 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:37 pm I started playing Earthbound for the SNES. Just a little lttp. :P

Wow, it's been fantastic so far. (about 10 hours in) So charming and different. I love the "modern" real world setting and the characters and humor are really nice. The combat is a bit simple, but it's still engaging and fun imho. I'm only in "Threed" (the third town), but if it keeps up, it'll be high on my year-end list.
Yeah, I was pretty lttp too on that one, but it holds up!
How long ago did you play it?

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Back in May 2016, according to the ol' Backloggery. I gave it 5/5 at the time.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:46 pm Back in May 2016, according to the ol' Backloggery. I gave it 5/5 at the time.
Cool. Older games can be really hit or miss for me, but I keep on giving them a shot because I know there are gems that I missed out on that still hold up today. RPGs are usually the more likely to still impress imho. The mechanics of many older games can be a bit rough, with some exceptions, of course.

I'm on my way to Fourside in Earthbound...

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:46 am The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass is on sale, so I bought it since I heard that the two expansions are really good. I planned on playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey again in the future, so I figured that I should play its expansions as well when I did. Well the future is now because I started playing it again. I played it for a few hours, and I’m enjoying it just as much now as I originally did. It’s a great game, and Kassandra is one of my favorite game protagonists.
Yep, I thought the DLC was great. Enjoy!

A lot of things are on sale right now on PSN...except for the DLC for Immortals, lol. I've heard mixed things about it anyway, so I'll probably wait for it to be $15.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Played: Nothing. Because House Hunters XVIII:...but it's only the Endgame post credit stinger...which is just the sound of Tony Stark hammering away. Because there is always something to work on in this house :| ...

Bought: Nothing.

This week:... probably nothing.

Man I used to like summer... anyway, quick check in fam. If I have time this weekend, I have things I want to talk about with y'all like Earthbound and Diablo 3 and whatnot...but man, time is tight and I am always tired...is this what old feels like, old man? :P
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:37 pm but man, time is tight and I am always tired...is this what old feels like, old man? :P