Tormented Souls
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 190: 8/21/21: Psychonauts 2 Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart PS5, Final Fantasy VII Remake

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 39 games

Ratchet & Clank is great so far, man is this game a visual treat. Not sure how far I am, but I'm just trying to explore while upgrading and leveling my weapons...currently saving up for some sort of lightning gun thingy.

Psychonauts 2 is here!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I've been playing Silent Bomber for PS1. It's decent fun, but a bit too repetitive.

This has been very much a "retro" year for me in gaming with only a few exceptions. Maybe I don't know what year it is anymore. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Finished: Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 16 (12 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I finished Fenyx with almost 100% completion (there were two or three vaults where it was just too frustrating for me to get everything). Total playtime was about 88 hours. It's not perfect, as other have mentioned... the platforming especially can be annoying. But it has a bit of the ol' PS2 charm, with a nice variety of gameplay (various puzzles, combat, exploration) and a story that was meh for much of the ride but finished strong. Very glad I played it... thanks to all who sang its praises.

I'm on vacation this week, not sure if I'll jump into anything else for a little while.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Sup fam?

Played: Captain Tsubasa, DBZ Kakarot, NEO: THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU IS SO GOOD, I LOVE IT., GAME OF THE FOREVER...ok, I played a little under an hour but ummm...it was fun. Also I already love/hate Fret. And that soundtrack...did I mention the battle system? And it's quite a looker! I am sold already... ok, I will stop now.

Bought: Surprisingly nothing again. I am kinda obsessed with diverting all discretionary funds to my 7x7 gym. I bought and built a functional trainer (cable machine) last week and this week I found a foldable power rack and weight plates...ok and I might get a cheap trap bar...bruh, I can do 531 in my house. I cannot believe this...wait, video games! Focus...

This week: NEO: THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU...or Kakarot. Maybe. We will see...

Fam Phase, I must commend you for your commitment to soldier through Odyssey again including DLC. I get crippling guilt playing something over again because I'm lucky enough to have a bunch to play I almost feel obligated to move on. I would love to play P5R again but 180 hours...yikes. That game took months to get through. I play Strikers but I think I just want to play P5R again. But that time, I can't. You go fam!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:12 pmFam Phase, I must commend you for your commitment to soldier through Odyssey again including DLC. I get crippling guilt playing something over again because I'm lucky enough to have a bunch to play I almost feel obligated to move on. I would love to play P5R again but 180 hours...yikes. That game took months to get through. I play Strikers but I think I just want to play P5R again. But that time, I can't. You go fam!
I didn’t feel like I truly finished Assassin’s Creed Odyssey the first time that I played it despite finishing the main quest line since I didn’t kill all of the cultists, and I didn’t play the two expansions which I heard are really good and that The Fate of Atlantis offers the true ending to the game.

I admit that I quit playing it as soon as I completed the main quest line because I wanted to start Valhalla which I thought that I was going to like even more, but I was wrong. While Valhalla is similar in a lot of ways, it’s not nearly as fun IMO. It’s more of a story driven action adventure that focuses on the main objective, and less of an open world sandbox with lots of side questing to do in the world. While I enjoyed my time with it for the most part, it did make me realize how much more that I enjoyed Odyssey overall.

When I saw the Odyssey Season Pass on sale, I figured that it would be a good time to go back to Odyssey again and play it more thoroughly this time along with the expansions. I’ve been completing every question mark objective on the map in every location which is something that I didn’t do the first time that I played it. There’s a lot of content that I originally missed, especially caves and tombs.

I’ve played for about 120 hours now, and there’s still a lot more to do before completing the main quest line, hunting down all of the cultists and starting the two expansions.

Having such a big backlog of games I felt a bit conflicted if I should play it again especially so soon after playing it before, but I’m glad that I decided to because I’m enjoying it even more this time playing it more thoroughly.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

I am glad you are digging Odyssey that much that you can come back so soon and move through at your own pace :) . I really want to see what you think of finishing the Order but and especially the dlc. Did you finish the legendary hunts last time? That ended up being my favorite quest line in the game. I really liked how it wrapped up, home girl was such a good flirt :lol: ! Oh, did you open the door your mom suggested in the post game or did you move on to Valhalla? Second favorite quest. The Order was the third :P .

Neo is really, really hitting for me. I fell right back into the rhythm of the old TWEWY, the battles are like a real time Valkyrie Profile, I don't know how this hasn't been tried before. It feels so good and the many mysteries surrounding the central one are intriguing. These kids being so blase about being literally dead and perfectly fine with the Reapers being just the worst assholes not even affecting them a little is low key hilarious :lol: .
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I haven't played anything for a few days. Not sure what I'm going to play next.

Is argyle doing okay, btw? Maybe I missed some post on his status, but I noticed he hasn't been around in a while.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:09 pmDid you finish the legendary hunts last time? That ended up being my favorite quest line in the game. I really liked how it wrapped up, home girl was such a good flirt :lol: ! Oh, did you open the door your mom suggested in the post game or did you move on to Valhalla?
I finished all of the side quests the first time that I played the game, I just didn’t go to all of the question marks on the map and complete their objectives or hunt down and kill all of the cultists. I don’t remember my mom mentioning opening a door so I didn’t do that, but I’ll do it this time.
isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:36 pmIs argyle doing okay, btw? Maybe I missed some post on his status, but I noticed he hasn't been around in a while.
He hasn’t posted here since June 14th when he gave an update on his job situation. I hope that he’s doing okay, because it’s not like him to be gone for so long.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Oh, you have to do the door thing before the dlc. Maybe that was the trigger, having the dlc? She says something about the past and then points you to an island. I had the dlc when I bought the game so maybe that's why it popped up for me? Anyway, enjoy as I eagerly await your reaction :) !

As for our boy Argyle, I just happened to notice yesterday when I saw izzy's post that in my friends list he hasn't been logged into PSN in over 3 weeks! I knew his job was beating him down but man that seems like a departure for him. I am going to send him a physical card (I have his address in Amazon, I think from a secret Santa thing) just check up on the man. I feel for the dude and just hope he's alright.