The Backlog Check-in Vol. 190: 8/21/21: Psychonauts 2 Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 190: 8/21/21: Psychonauts 2 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Yeah, hopefully argyle is doing okay. Sometimes I'm amazed at how long this incredibly tiny internet community has lasted. I can't imagine that there are many communities of this size that have persisted for this long online. Sometimes I think about that one day each of us will quit posting and no one will ever know our fate. :ghost:

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:36 am Oh, you have to do the door thing before the dlc. Maybe that was the trigger, having the dlc? She says something about the past and then points you to an island. I had the dlc when I bought the game so maybe that's why it popped up for me? Anyway, enjoy as I eagerly await your reaction :) !
Now I’m looking forward to it. As much as I’ve been enjoying my time with the game again, it’s the content that I didn’t experience my first time playing it that I’ve been most interested in experiencing this time.
crimson_tide wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:36 amAs for our boy Argyle, I just happened to notice yesterday when I saw izzy's post that in my friends list he hasn't been logged into PSN in over 3 weeks! I knew his job was beating him down but man that seems like a departure for him.
That’s a little concerning. :?
isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:33 amYeah, hopefully argyle is doing okay. Sometimes I'm amazed at how long this incredibly tiny internet community has lasted. I can't imagine that there are many communities of this size that have persisted for this long online. Sometimes I think about that one day each of us will quit posting and no one will ever know our fate. :ghost:
From my perspective we seem to have become a somewhat tight-knit group of friends over the years, when sonuckles and stawn came back it felt like getting the gang back together again. Unfortunately, their returns were short lived. :( However, crim’s return injected some much needed life back into this place and we’ve all been a little more active here since.

I feel bad for possibly being the one who drove DivineCrawd and guillamo away from this community based on my past shenanigans, I could be a real jerk at times. I don’t even recognize my past self when I read my old posts from IGN since that’s not even remotely who I am today.

I always felt like argyle was kind of the captain of this team for some reason, and his somewhat recent departure from here has been a real downer. :(
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:39 pm From my perspective we seem to have become a somewhat tight-knit group of friends over the years, when sonuckles and stawn came back it felt like getting the gang back together again. Unfortunately, their returns were short lived. :( However, crim’s return injected some much needed life back into this place and we’ve all been a little more active here since.

I feel bad for possibly being the one who drove DivineCrawd and guillamo away from this community based on my past shenanigans, I could be a real jerk at times. I don’t even recognize my past self when I read my old posts from IGN since that’s not even remotely who I am today.

I always felt like argyle was kind of the captain of this team for some reason, and his somewhat recent departure from here has been a real downer. :(
I honestly don't remember any of your shenanigans other than "rocks" / "sucks", lol. But I rarely take anything personally online, so I don't even notice if someone is attempting to offend. I had forgotten about guillamo. Well, all will unfold as it will. No need to worry. Breathe in, breathe out. Oh, and I'm glad crim returned too. He's easily the most entertaining, if sometimes rambling and incoherent, sob among us. :P

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:16 pmI honestly don't remember any of your shenanigans other than "rocks" / "sucks", lol. But I rarely take anything personally online, so I don't even notice if someone is attempting to offend.
I never purposely attempted to offend, I was just somewhat hot-tempered and intolerant of other people’s opinions that differed from my own. I could be disrespectful at times which wasn’t cool. To put it bluntly I was kind of a dick. Of course I didn’t see it at the time, but now when I go back and read my old posts from IGN I cringe. It’s hard to believe that was me back then, because that’s not who I am now or have been for a very long time.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:10 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:16 pmI honestly don't remember any of your shenanigans other than "rocks" / "sucks", lol. But I rarely take anything personally online, so I don't even notice if someone is attempting to offend.
I never purposely attempted to offend, I was just somewhat hot-tempered and intolerant of other people’s opinions that differed from my own. I could be disrespectful at times which wasn’t cool. To put it bluntly I was kind of a dick. Of course I didn’t see it at the time, but now when I go back and read my old posts from IGN I cringe. It’s hard to believe that was me back then, because that’s not who I am now or have been for a very long time.
I have no idea what I posted on IGN, lol. But yeah, we all live and learn. Life, at its essence, is very simple for me...be kind. Of course, we all have our moments where we're not our best. So we forgive and (hopefully) receive forgiveness from any we hurt. (and don't forget to forgive yourself as well.) :peace:

argyle

Post by argyle »

Um, hi.
tumblr_ly9gjzuBdi1qinmdwo1_400.gif
tumblr_ly9gjzuBdi1qinmdwo1_400.gif (703.58 KiB) Viewed 5695 times
So yeah, things are going OK. Sorry I haven't been around in a while, just life & stuff. I've been dealing with work. My new boss started last week, and he's ok so far, but I'm just not happy w/ the job anymore. Lots of reasons really, but I'm working on the side trying to get something different off the ground because I swear if I'm 70 and still saying "have you tried turning it off & back on again" I'm going to step in front of a bus. Anywhooo....

Crim, the reason you haven't seen me on PSN lately is two-fold - partly because of the side gig I mentioned trying to get off the ground, I just haven't been gaming as much. But when I *have* been gaming, I've gone dark-side and I've been playing on the 'Box. Lately I've been trading off between Hades and Psychonauts 2, both of which are incredible.

Psychonauts 2 tho...man, that game is WAY better than it has any right to be. A Kickstarter sequel to a 16-year-old niche game? Saying that my expectations were low is an understatement, but still I was looking forward to seeing what it turned out to be. I was instantly blown away - the game starts off running from the get-go and just doesn't stop. It's every bit of the style, humor, charm, and just plain FUN of the original all ramped up with some snazzy updated graphics. But the main "upgrade" technologically is the level design, which really feels a lot more open and just over-the-top. I just can't do the game justice, it's everything the first one was but better. It's a modern-day PS2 era game. It's a strong contender for GOTY.

I also played the demo for the new Tales of Arise game recently, and that has me really looking forward to that one next week. If you guys haven't checked out that demo I encourage you to. They had kinda gotten in a rut w/ the Tales games, but you can tell they really set out to make this one a big step up for the series.

So I'll try to get back to posting more - and thanks for the thoughts/kind words guys, much appreciated as always. I always felt I'd be the last one to turn off the lights around here when it finally comes down to that, so don't worry about me disappearing for good any time soon. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pm Um, hi.
tumblr_ly9gjzuBdi1qinmdwo1_400.gif

So yeah, things are going OK. Sorry I haven't been around in a while, just life & stuff. I've been dealing with work. My new boss started last week, and he's ok so far, but I'm just not happy w/ the job anymore. Lots of reasons really, but I'm working on the side trying to get something different off the ground because I swear if I'm 70 and still saying "have you tried turning it off & back on again" I'm going to step in front of a bus. Anywhooo....
Well, it's good to hear you're alive argyle! :)

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pmUm, hi.
You’re back...
argyle wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pmSo yeah, things are going OK.
Good to hear.
argyle wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pmI'm working on the side trying to get something different off the ground because I swear if I'm 70 and still saying "have you tried turning it off & back on again" I'm going to step in front of a bus.
:lol:
argyle wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pmPsychonauts 2 tho...man, that game is WAY better than it has any right to be. A Kickstarter sequel to a 16-year-old niche game? Saying that my expectations were low is an understatement, but still I was looking forward to seeing what it turned out to be. I was instantly blown away - the game starts off running from the get-go and just doesn't stop. It's every bit of the style, humor, charm, and just plain FUN of the original all ramped up with some snazzy updated graphics. But the main "upgrade" technologically is the level design, which really feels a lot more open and just over-the-top. I just can't do the game justice, it's everything the first one was but better. It's a modern-day PS2 era game. It's a strong contender for GOTY.
argyle wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pmI also played the demo for the new Tales of Arise game recently, and that has me really looking forward to that one next week. If you guys haven't checked out that demo I encourage you to. They had kinda gotten in a rut w/ the Tales games, but you can tell they really set out to make this one a big step up for the series.
I might check out the demo, but I already know that I want the game. Not on day one for $60, but when it’s $40 or less.
argyle wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pmSo I'll try to get back to posting more. I always felt I'd be the last one to turn off the lights around here when it finally comes down to that, so don't worry about me disappearing for good any time soon. ;)
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 pm Psychonauts 2 tho...man, that game is WAY better than it has any right to be. A Kickstarter sequel to a 16-year-old niche game? Saying that my expectations were low is an understatement, but still I was looking forward to seeing what it turned out to be. I was instantly blown away - the game starts off running from the get-go and just doesn't stop. It's every bit of the style, humor, charm, and just plain FUN of the original all ramped up with some snazzy updated graphics. But the main "upgrade" technologically is the level design, which really feels a lot more open and just over-the-top. I just can't do the game justice, it's everything the first one was but better. It's a modern-day PS2 era game. It's a strong contender for GOTY.
Dang it argyle... I'm trying to hold off and you go and say that? Ugh. And me in a gaming rut too, where nothing is clicking. Pretty sure THAT would. :x

Anyway, glad you're alive. And the rest of you too! Hope this odd little gang keeps going for many years to come.

isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:58 pm Anyway, glad you're alive. And the rest of you too! Hope this odd little gang keeps going for many years to come.

Yeah, we truly are one of the darkest, hidden corners of the internet, I'm sure. :P We've got to hold on for the PS9.