The Backlog Check-in Vol. 191: 8/28/21: The Medium PS5 Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 191: 8/28/21: The Medium PS5 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

I just finished the main quest line in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, it took me 150 hours playing it thoroughly (all side quests and question mark objectives). While it was fun most of the time, it did feel somewhat like going through the motions again since I didn’t play it too long ago. I did experience a couple of side quests that I somehow missed the first time that I played it, but other than that it was all of the same content again.

Now I’m hunting down the few remaining cultists left before moving onto the expansion content (Legacy of the First Blade, The Fate of Atlantis). They’re what I’m primarily playing the game again for since I didn’t get to experience them the first time, it only took me 150 hours to get to them. :P
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 191: 8/28/21: The Medium PS5 Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

:o AHHHH :shock: , it's argyle...uhhh...no, I didn't wait all week for my bodega to have stamps so I could put the card I bought last week and filled out on the board members' behalf to check up on you with a few words of support in the mail. That absolutely didn't happen...ignore the card if you get it though...we was a little worried fam ! Glad you're back :) .

Played: The game of the year, Neo The World Ends With You. It isn't the original. It isn't better. It isn't worse. It doing its own thing and I am here for it. I have been having a blast! The first week of music was mostly remixes of the original soundtrack but the new music (aside from that scream-o wannabe song) absolutely SLAPS. HARD. The setup is cool and offers a cool new twist on the original setup. Rindo ain't Neku but that's good. Neku was ******* insufferable most of the first of the game's 3 weeks. I don't think I would've tolerated another sniveling little prick. I am still floored by these kids' acceptance of their situation. It's downright bizarre and hilarious. At least the severity of their circumstances seems to be setting on for them during this second week. God I love this thing....oh and Lego City Undercover. Me and my goddaughter (she's 6 now) are starting to get into co-op games and Lego seemed a good place to start with the limited controls and drop in/out. She is really digging it :D !

Bought: Fallout 4 GOTY, Turrican Collection, MK XL (for the story mode...it was $4) and No No Kuni (found my hardcover strat guide and figured what the heck, it's been a minute and I dug that game).

This week: Neo and Lego, fam. Some Turrican every now and then too.

Eagerly awaiting Phase's Odyssey hot takes...