The Backlog Check-in Vol. 191: 8/28/21: The Medium PS5 Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 191: 8/28/21: The Medium PS5 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Added: Bladed Fury, Die Young, Fallout 4: Far Harbor, Fallout 4: Nuka-World, Legrand Legacy: Tale of the Fatebounds, Tacoma, The Takeover, Welcome to Hanwell, Windbound, Zombie Army 4: Dead War

Games releasing this week
Beyond Mankind
The Big Con
Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions
Book of Travels
Clid the Snail
Cookie Clicker
Family Trainer
Galaxy Squad
Golf Club: Wasteland
Guts ‘N Goals
KeyWe
Kitaria Fables
Lake
Lamentum
The Medium
Opus: Echo of Starsong
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1
Rico London
Rogue Spirit
Rustler
Song of Iron
Surgeon Simulator 2: Access All Areas
Weapon of Choice DX
WRC 10
Yuoni
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 191: 8/28/21: The Medium PS5 Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart PS5, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Psychonauts 2

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Just got my Psychonauts 2 code, so I'll be downloading that this week and seeing what the long wait has brought. R&C is still fantastic!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:08 pmJust got my Psychonauts 2 code, so I'll be downloading that this week and seeing what the long wait has brought.
I didn’t know that it was only available digitally. It’s a game that I would like to own physically, but I have a digital copy of the first game so having a digital copy of the second will be fine for consistency.
argyle

Post by argyle »

I think P2 is available physically - pretty sure at least. I'm playing it off of Game Pass right now, so couldn't say 100%.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:41 amI think P2 is available physically - pretty sure at least. I'm playing it off of Game Pass right now, so couldn't say 100%.
I thought that it was available physically as well until I saw j said that he had a download code for it which I thought was odd since I know that he buys all of his games physically when given the chance, so I checked and it was only released digitally. Apparently early backers of the game get physical copies, but it’s not available to buy physically.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I'm dying to play it but I'm going to try to hold out for a physical version. It has to happen at some point, right?
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:56 pm I'm dying to play it but I'm going to try to hold out for a physical version. It has to happen at some point, right?
Surely - a Limited Run release if nothing else (I'm pretty sure they've already put out some other Double Fine games). If I hear of anything I'll let you guys know.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Much appreciated!

I would have backed the Kickstarter if I knew about it. I supported Broken Age and never played the game.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:14 pmSurely - a Limited Run release if nothing else (I'm pretty sure they've already put out some other Double Fine games). If I hear of anything I'll let you guys know.
Thanks.
canedaddy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:09 amI would have backed the Kickstarter if I knew about it. I supported Broken Age and never played the game.
I have Broken Age, and played a little of it a while ago. It seemed pretty good, and I plan on playing through it when I’m in the mood for a cartoonish/comedic point-and-click adventure game.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:00 pm
argyle wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:41 amI think P2 is available physically - pretty sure at least. I'm playing it off of Game Pass right now, so couldn't say 100%.
I thought that it was available physically as well until I saw j said that he had a download code for it which I thought was odd since I know that he buys all of his games physically when given the chance, so I checked and it was only released digitally. Apparently early backers of the game get physical copies, but it’s not available to buy physically.
Yeah, my pledge specifically says "digital download for PS4" as I pledged like 15 months after it went live. No physical copy, but it's fine.