The Backlog Check-in Vol. 194: 9/18/21: Diablo II: Resurrected/Kena: Bridge of Spirits/Lost Judgment Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 194: 9/18/21: Diablo II: Resurrected/Kena: Bridge of Spirits/Lost Judgment Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
The Adams Family: Mansion Mayhem
Blind Postman
Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend
Death Park
Diablo II: Resurrected
Ember
Golf Peaks
A Gummy’s Life
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Little Kite
Lost Judgment
May’s Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
Port Royale 4
Sable
Sheltered 2
Spacebase Startopia
Staxel
Street Outlaws 2: Winner Takes All
Subdivision Infinity DX
World War Z Aftermath
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 194: 9/18/21: Diablo II: Resurrected/Kena: Bridge of Spirits/Lost Judgment Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Nothing

Last week: Finished Psychonauts 2 (credits rolling now!)

This week: Will finally start Tales of Arise, and I'm gonna pick up the Diablo II remake to play w/ Tam

Psychonauts 2 was amazing from beginning to end, a nearly flawless game - easy 10 out of 10. Definitely in the running for GOTY.

Crim (and everyone else), I forgot to mention that I got that card about a week ago, and I just wanted to say that everyone's support here is GREATLY appreciated. I'm still chipping away trying to get my side-gig off the ground, and it's hard work and there's definitely setbacks and times when I just feel like it's never gonna happen, but then I pick myself back up and get back at it!
Scott_Power_Of_Love.png
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 194: 9/18/21: Diablo II: Resurrected/Kena: Bridge of Spirits/Lost Judgment Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Psychonauts 2

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Had more time with Psychonauts 2 last week, so I made a little more progress. Lost Judgment will be arriving this week and I'm interested to hear about Kena.

argyle wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:34 pm Psychonauts 2 was amazing from beginning to end, a nearly flawless game - easy 10 out of 10. Definitely in the running for GOTY.
Wow, high praise. I think it's fantastic so far - I'm trying to hit all the dialogue options as there are some hilarious gems in them.
argyle wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:34 pm Crim (and everyone else), I forgot to mention that I got that card about a week ago, and I just wanted to say that everyone's support here is GREATLY appreciated. I'm still chipping away trying to get my side-gig off the ground, and it's hard work and there's definitely setbacks and times when I just feel like it's never gonna happen, but then I pick myself back up and get back at it!
;)
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I started up ELEX and it's really scratching that open world rpg itch. I've never played a PB game before despite having Gothic/Risen in my backlog. But despite some rough edges, it's really absorbing and great fun to explore with an interesting backdrop of a post-apocalyptic world rebuild. And it's certainly not easy early on. Getting one or two-hit ko'd all the time, lol. Run Forrest run! :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: nothing

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 17 (13 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I haven't played anything in a while. I thought about grabbing Diablo II this week, but I'm on vacation next week so I might as well wait.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm really enjoying ELEX. It's hard and doesn't care if you get it or not. (And I'm only playing on normal. Easy would have been tough, and I can't imagine "difficult" or "ultra", whew.) You're just dropped into the world and left to figure it out on your own. (Similar to Souls in that way) And man is progress s.l.o.w. But it's so rewarding to make that progress. It's got some faults and strange quirks, a bit of jank, but it's a really good (and fun) game at its core. I'm definitely going to have to go back to the Gothic franchise at some point because I know many fans of the dev say that series is significantly better.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:10 pm Played recently: nothing

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 17 (13 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I haven't played anything in a while. I thought about grabbing Diablo II this week, but I'm on vacation next week so I might as well wait.
At least your backlog is low (relative to me, lol). I'm sure something will get your attention soon - have a great vacation!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished episode 1 of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis, and started episode 2 Torment of Hades which has already been a lot better than episode 1. The environment has a Dark Souls vibe to it, and the characters and quests have been good so far. Episode 1 was fairly dull up until the end, but episode 2 begins really good and I have a feeling that it’s going to remain good throughout.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:31 pm At least your backlog is low (relative to me, lol). I'm sure something will get your attention soon - have a great vacation!
Thanks man! I'm actually headed to your neck of the woods... Lima, Ohio. One of my buddies lives there so we're meeting up to celebrate his 60th birthday.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Yo argyle, we got you fam! Hope you could decipher my chicken scratch (I don't know how my students ever do it when I write on the board :P )!

Played: NEO: The World Ends With You :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ...and Lego Batman 3 :| . And Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 :cry: . Why? No seriously, why do these games get a pass for being blatantly awful? Because they have a cute joke every hour or so? And? I really, really need someone to sit down and explain very slowly why the adult gaming populace is perfectly fine to let Lego games get by with wanton and reckless abandon. My goddaughter wants to play The Sims 4. Can we play that? Is it appropriate for a 6 year old? Please, ANYTHING but this fresh Lego hell I have created for myself would be welcome :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ...

Beat: NEO: The World Ends With You. And yes, perfect sequels exist. This is it. God I have so much to say about this completely wonderful game...

Bought: Psychonauts (because argyle), Moonlighter and...so I can't remember the name? Fallen Legion? It was $4 and I own part one so I bought it. It's supposed to be short and looks like Valkyrie Profile. NEO got me jonesing for some more VP with its nutty battle system. I might do something crazy like buy Indivisible soon :P .

Glad you like part 2 of the 2nd Odyssey dlc better phase. I really liked the idea of the first chapter better than they executed it. And again, it ends up all coming around in the end. At least I thought it did.

I am probably going to just go ahead and cave and grab Tekken 7, FF Dissidia, Sam Show Collection and/or MVCI because I really want some fighting stuff lately. Time is getting tight again so I want some more focused stuff for my gaming I think and fighters you can be in for 20 minutes or so and be good. I say that now and will immediately jump into some overwrought jrpg nonsense at the drop of a hat :P , but we'll see. I also almost bought Avengers because of War For Wakanda...but 120gb? Why? How? That is absolutely insane. I mean Odyssey was over a 100 gb but there was SO MUCH of that game, it made sense. Sad that Avengers is predicated on how much hdd space it take up but hey, here we be.