The Backlog Check-in Vol. 195: 9/25/21: FIFA 22 Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 195: 9/25/21: FIFA 22 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:49 pm Now it’s gotten to the point where I don’t even really want to play a game unless I can play as a female character.
Why don't you wear a dress as you play?

I kid, I kid. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:08 amWhy don't you wear a dress as you play?

While I know that you’re kidding, it always comes up that guys who like playing as females in games must want to be female in real life. But I think that it’s more about guys liking to look at female characters more than male ones, at least that’s part of what it is for me. I’m naturally attracted to females, and that includes fictional ones in animation, comics and video games.

I know that some guys say that they prefer playing as male characters because they feel like they can relate to them more because they’re the same gender, but I don’t relate to a fictional male character any more than I do a female one. I’m still playing as a character other than myself, so I don’t really see how being the same gender would make me relate to them more since they’re not me. I also tend to prefer the personalities and voice actors of female characters to male ones, a lot of the time male characters come across as douche-y to me.

Like I said before there are exceptions if I feel that the role is specifically written for a male character and wouldn’t make sense with a female one, and the character is likable. But a lot of the time I feel like female characters would be better than male ones in games with male protagonists, and those are the games that I enjoy less or not at all since I don’t like playing as a guy in them. For example, I didn’t really like playing as Bayek in Assassin’s Creed Origins and would have much preferred playing as his wife Aya. Despite liking the core game, I quit playing because I didn’t like playing as Bayek. And if I had to play Assassin’s Creed Odyssey as Alexios I wouldn’t have played it, but playing as Kassandra it’s one of my favorite games.

I envy people like you who can enjoy any game regardless of the main character because you get to play and enjoy more games. For example, I would really like the Just Cause games if I could play as a female character instead of that piece of **** Rico Rodriguez. He’s one of the worst main protagonists that I’ve seen in a game, and there’s no way that I’m going to spend even one second playing as him.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:16 pm I envy people like you who can enjoy any game regardless of the main character because you get to play and enjoy more games. For example, I would really like the Just Cause games if I could play as a female character instead of that piece of **** Rico Rodriguez. He’s one of the worst main protagonists that I’ve seen in a game, and there’s no way that I’m going to spend even one second playing as him.
I don't necessarily place myself in the role of the avatar. (Sometimes I do, and sometimes it's a mix of me and them.) I often just escape into their journey as a type of both witness and participant, I guess. It's a zen thing. :P

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:24 pmI don't necessarily place myself in the role of the avatar. (Sometimes I do, and sometimes it's a mix of me and them.) I often just escape into their journey as a type of both witness and participant, I guess. It's a zen thing. :P
I don’t necessarily place myself in the role of the avatar, either. I just like to play as ones that I personally find appealing, and I usually find female ones more appealing than male ones. I’ve always been drawn to attractive, athletic, badass female characters such as Black Widow for example. They’re some of my favorite types of characters in general, so of course they are in video games as well. They just do it for me more than male characters usually do. There are of course some male characters that I really like too, but I tend to like female ones more overall. It’s a personal preference, that’s all.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Sup fam?

Played:...ummmm...Sakura Wars? It's...fine. DIablo 3? Also...fine. I think. Is DIablo supposed to be about a thing or is it just kinda dumb? I get the feeling they WANT me to care...but nah. It's just...dumb. Which is fine. I guess. Ummmm...I think that's it? OH WAIT, I forgot, I am on the subway again. Been playing Warioland 2. It's...fine. Fire Emblem: Awakening. Ok, seriously, WHY DOES NO ONE HAVE FEET, HOW HAS THIS NOT CREEPED ANYONE ELSE OUT AND HOW AM I JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS? Also, it's perfectly...fine otherwise. Oh and Project X Zone 2. I think it's just too horny for me. They treat the female characters in this game like garbage. Not cool. But it is erstwhile mad spectacle. And currently fine.

Bought: Dissidia and Tekken 7 Ultimate. They are probably fine.

Beat: Nothing.

This week: Bah, I don't know. NEO: The World Ends With You was one of those games. Was it literally life changing like the original? No and that's fine. It was still great in its own ways. And now nothing else is coming close to hitting...

I might actually go back to DQ11S and mop that sucker up with the post game stuff. Or start Trials of Mana. Man, I just need something to hit at the moment...
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:16 pm Sup fam?
Sup crim? You don’t quite seem yourself this week, is everything ok?
crimson_tide wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:16 pmIs DIablo supposed to be about a thing or is it just kinda dumb? I get the feeling they WANT me to care...but nah. It's just...dumb. Which is fine. I guess.
It’s generic fantasy that wants to be a lot more epic than it actually is. The story and characters are pretty forgettable IMO, but the core gameplay loop of slaughtering onslaughts of enemies and getting loot is somewhat fun if albeit repetitive. Which character are you playing as this time?
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Oh, I am fine Phase, thanks for asking :) . I was posting from work after everyone was gone and was waiting around for something. I just am in that weird place after having finished something awesome and now can't find something else to move on to even though I am trying. It hasn't been a problem for a while. But life is actually good right now, I love being back in the classroom. That 18 months with no students was brutal, bruh. I love the classroom but I will admit it's exhausting. Hence, coming home to something to unwind would be nice. But it's just a blip of a funk :) .
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:08 am
Phaseknox wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:49 pm Now it’s gotten to the point where I don’t even really want to play a game unless I can play as a female character.
Why don't you wear a dress as you play?

That made me laugh. :D
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:25 am That made me laugh. :D
Just trying to help phase find his true self. :P

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:47 pm
canedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:25 amThat made me laugh. :D
Just trying to help phase find his true self. :P
I think that it’s those of you who like staring at man butts in video games that need to find your true selves. ;)