The Good Life
The Lightbringer
A Memoire Blue
Monster Crown
Murder House
NHL 22
The Riftbreaker
Slumber Party Massacre
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 197: 10/9/21: Back 4 Blood Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

I’m still playing Gravity Rush, and enjoying it. It’s an entertaining action traversal game with an appealing Japanese quirkiness to it. It’s not something that I tend to play for long stretches of time due to its design structure, but it’s fun to play in somewhat shorter sessions.

My only real complaint with it so far is how dark that it is which I assume has something to do with the story. But regardless of the reason, the dark and dreary atmosphere is a bit unappealing. I prefer brighter and more colorful atmospheres and environments in non horror games especially in anime style ones such as this.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Psychonauts 2 (platinum)

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Lost Judgment PS5

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Wasn't too bad to find the rest of the collectibles in Psychonauts 2, so I got the platinum last week. Back to FF VII Remake and time to start Lost Judgment!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Metroid Dread & Far Cry 6

Last week: Finished nothing, played Circle of the Moon, Diablo III, & Stick of Truth

This week: ...whatever :P

There was a GS trade-in promo, if you traded in 5 you got a 50% boost. Found some that I didn't want & that I couldn't sell for more than they would give me after the promo, so I went ahead & picked up FC6. Still have a chunk left over too. :)

Been a busy weekend so I haven't gotten to play much, but hopefully I will next week.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:52 pmThere was a GS trade-in promo, if you traded in 5 you got a 50% boost.
Is that GameStop trade-in promo over? I have a good amount of PS4 games that I want to get rid of. If it’s over can you please let me know when there’s another one? Thanks.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Diablo II

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 17 (13 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

I'm having fun with Diablo II. I just go to the part where I met a key figure from Diablo III. (That voice. :lol: ). Good times.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:04 pm
argyle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:52 pmThere was a GS trade-in promo, if you traded in 5 you got a 50% boost.
Is that GameStop trade-in promo over? I have a good amount of PS4 games that I want to get rid of. If it’s over can you please let me know when there’s another one? Thanks.
Honestly, I'm not sure - Gamestop doesn't make it easy to check their current trade-in promos anymore.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I've finally gotten some serious power in ELEX and am having a great time wrecking all those mobs that one-shotted me early on. Such a great (and beautiful - to me) game, despite its quirks and a bit of jank. Oh and phase, you were right about the romance options - at least one anyway. That scenario played out via a companion (one of several - although all the others are male.) Anyone who loves Fallout (3D) or TES or any other open world rpgs ought to at least give it a shot. It's not easy - especially early on, and does have some unpolished elements (small studio, relatively speaking), but it does so much right that it's easy to overlook its problems.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks for the word. I will give it a look the next time it goes on sale. (Ha, I mean, it's $11.99 now, but I need it to get in $4.99 territory. :lol: )
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Haha, I get it. I paid $1 for it. (Well, 12 games for $12 in a humble bundle, so I guess it depends on how you want to allocate the monies. :P) I rarely ever - really never these days - pay full price for any game, but ELEX is worth it imho.

Just beware though that the game neither holds your hand in terms of difficulty or in the way of explaining everything. You've got to put in the "work" to mine its gems. But things become clear with time and the game get much easier. It's not necessarily mechanically challenging - just patience testing. From what I understand, it's very much in the vein of Piranha Bytes other works. It's a real "hero's journey" in that you will struggle and toil for your eventual and inevitable (if you don't put the controller down :P) victory. (PB games are apparently very much love it or hate it.)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!