The Backlog Check-in Vol. 199: 10/23/21: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water/Guardians of the Galaxy Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 199: 10/23/21: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water/Guardians of the Galaxy Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Evoland, Evoland II, River City Girls

Finished: Evoland

Playing: Evoland II

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
Age of Empires IV
Bassmaster Fishing 22
Black Widow: Recharged
Brain Meltdown: Into Despair
Dadish
Dadish 2
Darkest Dungeon 2
Death Park 2
Dollhouse
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
Gas Guzzlers Extreme
Gearshifters
Guardians of the Galaxy
Happy Game
Hotel Transylvania: Scary-Tale Adventures
Iron Harvest
The Legend of Tianding
Mario Party Superstars
Moonglow Bay
NASCAR 21: Ignition
Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars
NERF Legends
Panorama Cotton
Research and Destroy
Riders Republic
Roki
Shadow Corridor
The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf
Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection
Star Wars Racer & Commando Combo
Stories of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town
Super Robot Wars 30
Truck Driver
Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi
VirtuaVerse
Voice of Cards: The Isle of Dragon Roars
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 199: 10/23/21: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water/Guardians of the Galaxy Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Lost Judgment PS5

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Getting sidetracked in Lost Judgment doing the stories in the high school. Busy building and competing with robots right now!
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 199: 10/23/21: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water/Guardians of the Galaxy Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Diablo II

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 17 (13 PS4, 1 Vita, 3 Switch)

Just started Act 2 in Diablo. I'm enjoying it, but it's a shame I can't play couch co-op with my bro the way we did those PS2 "skeleton killers" (his name for isometric action RPGs like this). He lives a couple of hours away and doesn't have a PS4. :(

Hey j! First of all, happy birthday! Second, what are your thoughts on this??

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I bought a few PS4 digital games today that were on sale, one called The Blackout Club that looked like an interesting first person survival horror game. I decided to check it out, and played the optional tutorial which shouldn’t be optional since it’s not just a tutorial but the actual prologue to the game. It was really good, and made me think that this was going to be a great game. Then I was in a little hub area after it ended, and went to start my first mission but a PS Plus subscription screen came up. It turns out that this is an online only game, I missed the part in the game’s description where it said online play required. $12 wasted. Live and learn.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:04 pm Hey j! First of all, happy birthday! Second, what are your thoughts on this??

The new graphics are interesting, it's still cartoon-y but has way more detail. I'll probably get it, lol.
Phaseknox wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 am I bought a few PS4 digital games today that were on sale, one called The Blackout Club that looked like an interesting first person survival horror game. I decided to check it out, and played the optional tutorial which shouldn’t be optional since it’s not just a tutorial but the actual prologue to the game. It was really good, and made me think that this was going to be a great game. Then I was in a little hub area after it ended, and went to start my first mission but a PS+ subscription screen came up. It turns out that this is an online only game, I missed the part in the game’s description where it said online play required. $12 wasted. Live and learn.
Oh, that sucks. Maybe there's a free PS+ trial code out there somewhere you can grab that will give you a little bit of time to play. Or see what the going rate is on CDKeys or similar site and buy a year for like $32.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:11 amOh, that sucks. Maybe there's a free PS+ trial code out there somewhere you can grab that will give you a little bit of time to play. Or see what the going rate is on CDKeys or similar site and buy a year for like $32.
Thanks for the advice, but after learning more about the game I don’t think that it’s really my thing. While the prologue/tutorial is like a single player survival horror game, the main game is apparently co-op/multiplayer focused which doesn’t interest me.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:11 am The new graphics are interesting, it's still cartoon-y but has way more detail. I'll probably get it, lol.
I love the idea of those games with better controls and sharper graphics, but I wonder how much they'll change to make it PC for today's audience. They've removed the Confederate flag from Phil Cassidy's shirt for some reason. You're dealing with crazy psychopaths, murderers, and gangsters but we cannot have them looking intolerant!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pmI love the idea of those games with better controls and sharper graphics, but I wonder how much they'll change to make it PC for today's audience. They've removed the Confederate flag from Phil Cassidy's shirt for some reason. You're dealing with crazy psychopaths, murderers, and gangsters but we cannot have them looking intolerant!
I played both Vice City and San Andreas somewhat recently, and they haven’t aged very well IMO. I don’t think that somewhat better graphics and controls are going to make that much of a difference, they’re fairly dated and I don’t really have an interest in playing them again at this point. Also, like you mentioned I heard that they’re changing some things in them to be less offensive to today’s audience. That’s stupid IMO.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm You're dealing with crazy psychopaths, murderers, and gangsters but we cannot have them looking intolerant!
Yeah, the mind-splitting irony is just...

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

I would want the physical copy, so I have to wait until December anyway...tons of impressions will be up next month to really understand what this release is.