The Backlog Check-in Vol. 202: 11/13/21: Battlefield 2042/Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Pokémon Shining Pearl Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 202: 11/13/21: Battlefield 2042/Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Pokémon Shining Pearl Edition

Post by argyle »

CC is in my backlog, I'll get around to it one day.

And crim, I'm tellin' ya you will love Adventure Pals. It's definitely kid-friendly, but it's got a great sense of humor and is just a really fun game no matter how old you are. The game is digital joy.

EDIT: I just noticed my gamer card, please no one judge me by having played Avengers. I did NOT buy it. I played it off of GamePass because they were giving 500 points if you got one achievement in it, so I played it last night until one popped. That's all, I swear, I just uninstalled it!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (889.48 KiB) Viewed 6970 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 202: 11/13/21: Battlefield 2042/Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Pokémon Shining Pearl Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:06 pm EDIT: I just noticed my gamer card, please no one judge me by having played Avengers. I did NOT buy it. I played it off of GamePass because they were giving 500 points if you got one achievement in it, so I played it last night until one popped. That's all, I swear, I just uninstalled it!
Embrace your gamer SHAME! :P jk

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Argyle, fam... they're putting Spider Man all up and through that game this month... it's like $16 on sale now...I didn't like playing it but I did like Kamala Kahn and the story was good (if utterly nonsensical like on an every Arkham after Asylum level)...imma probably actually buy that ish now and give it a super undeserved second chance. No judgement from me bruh ;) .

And we're giving Adventure Pals a go this weekend :D !
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:20 pmCrossCode is on your list Phase, that's why I mentioned it ;) .
Oh ok. While my list was primarily aimed at cane which is why no anime games were included :P, it can be for everyone here. I spent a while compiling it, so the more people that it might benefit the better.
argyle wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:06 pmI just noticed my gamer card, please no one judge me by having played Avengers. I did NOT buy it. I played it off of GamePass because they were giving 500 points if you got one achievement in it, so I played it last night until one popped. That's all, I swear, I just uninstalled it!
Is it really that bad? I thought that it looked good enough to pick up for cheap.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:49 pm Are you going to research the games that I listed for you to check out? You didn’t mention it, so I wasn’t sure. There’s 30+ games, so I would expect there to be at least a few that look appealing to you.
Sorry, I totally missed that post. I will check them out for sure! Thanks!
argyle wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:06 pm And crim, I'm tellin' ya you will love Adventure Pals. It's definitely kid-friendly, but it's got a great sense of humor and is just a really fun game no matter how old you are. The game is digital joy.
I can confirm... it is indeed digital joy. Thanks for the word, argyle!

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:43 amSorry, I totally missed that post. I will check them out for sure! Thanks!
Let me know if any jump out at you as I can provide more information about them if I played them.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:56 am Let me know if any jump out at you as I can provide more information about them if I played them.
I gave them a good look and grabbed these three:

A Knight's Quest
Aggelos
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom

There were plenty of others that I'm sure I'd like, but I'm going to show some restraint. Nine games bought in a week is a lot for me. :P

Thanks again for the word!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:00 amargyle...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at the trailers for The Adventure Pals and I might be able to get the kiddo into that one. I will play LITERALLY ANYTHING that is NOT LEGO WHATEVER at this point.
She might like Ary and the Secret of Seasons, and A Knight’s Quest both of which are currently on sale at the PS Store. They’re cartoonish, comical and cute third person action platformers.
canedaddy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:15 pmI gave them a good look and grabbed these three:

A Knight's Quest
Aggelos
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
I hope that you like them. You might also want to consider getting Hard West for $2 since I know that you like tactical turn-based strategy games and western games, and Shadows: Awakening for $12 and The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 1, 2, and 3 for $3-$4 each since they’re Diablo type games.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I appreciate the word, Phase. I checked those out and they look cool, but I'm going to stand pat at nine game purchases this week. ;)