The Backlog Check-in Vol. 202: 11/13/21: Battlefield 2042/Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Pokémon Shining Pearl Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 202: 11/13/21: Battlefield 2042/Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Pokémon Shining Pearl Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

I’ve been playing a lot of Blue Reflection, and I’ve been enjoying it. It’s primarily an interactive anime with some RPG elements such as traversing linear dungeon-like areas, and engaging in turn-based battles. But a good chunk of the game is watching story scenes play out, and interacting with characters. I’ve been finding both the story and characters engaging, so it’s been keeping me wanting to play. I’m roughly halfway through it at this point, and I plan on playing it to completion.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 202: 11/13/21: Battlefield 2042/Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Pokémon Shining Pearl Edition

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm
argyle wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:10 amThere are 3 or 4 games I'm hoping for good deals on during the holidays, but otherwise I think I'm set game-wise for the year.
There’s several games that I want such as Biomutant, Far Fry 6, Guardians of the Galaxy, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Life is Strange: True Colors, Little Nightmares II, Lost Judgment, Resident Evil Village, Scarlet Nexus, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Tales of Arise that I’m hoping will be on sale Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Games don’t seem to drop in price like they used to for some reason, so I’m hoping that there’s some good deals on some of the ones that I’ve been wanting on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
I have plenty of games, but could pick up Kena at the right price. Guess I should look at the ads that are being released...
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:56 amI have plenty of games, but could pick up Kena at the right price. Guess I should look at the ads that are being released...
I have plenty of games as well, but there are still games that I want in my collection. I like having them so if the mood strikes me to play them then they’re available for me to play. But that’s also part of why I like buying them for cheap, because I don’t know how long that they’ll sit in my collection before I play them.

The thing with physical games lately is that they don’t seem to drop in price quite as quickly, or as much as they used to. Some still do, but a lot don’t. They might drop like $10-$20 at the most after several months to a year, but in the past they would drop $30-$40 in that same amount of time. And some don’t drop at all or actually go up in price, this is especially true for Japanese games.

Of course I have enough games where I could wait years for ones that I want to get cheap, but I don’t want to wait years to play some of them. I’m not getting any younger and my health isn’t the greatest, so there are games that I would like to play sooner rather than later.

I might have hundreds of games, but a good amount of them are digital/indie games that I could realistically never play and not really care. The physical games that I buy are usually the ones that I’m interested in playing the most.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm
argyle wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:10 amThere are 3 or 4 games I'm hoping for good deals on during the holidays, but otherwise I think I'm set game-wise for the year.
There’s several games that I want such as Biomutant, Far Fry 6, Guardians of the Galaxy, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Life is Strange: True Colors, Little Nightmares II, Lost Judgment, Resident Evil Village, Scarlet Nexus, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Tales of Arise that I’m hoping will be on sale Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Games don’t seem to drop in price like they used to for some reason, so I’m hoping that there’s some good deals on some of the ones that I’ve been wanting on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Biomutant and Guardians are two of the ones I'm looking for. The others are Hot Wheels Unleashed and Neo: The World Ends With You. I'd also snag No More Heroes III if I found it cheap enough.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Did someone say Neo: The World Ends With You? Because that game is awesome. I love it. I love it so much...

Oh and I bought stuff. I bought my first anime titty game in a good long while, 4 Goddesses Online. It's aggressively fine. Like the most fine game I have played in good long while. Probably since I bought my last anime titty game. So I will likely end up with the platinum. Mostly because it's apparently short and mindless. It plays like a really not good Kingdom Hearts except the party AI is way too aggressive and just wrecks everything for you. But it's really relaxing. Probably because it's mindless. And has lots of fanservice. My wife judged me because instantly determined which of the 4 goddesses was my favorite in one glance at the cutscenes she saw :lol: .

Oh and Phase, you would be amazed at the things these kids are into. Roblox is honestly essentially the Sims from what I can tell. The appeal of the Sims for them seems to be that they are just passive while the Sims do things. They seem like they love the idea of God games but only for minutiae and mundanity because that seems cool to them, to be older. They want to see what all that is like so a game like the Sims demystifies adulthood for them. So that's where the appeal lies for them from what I can tell.
argyle

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:24 am Did someone say Neo: The World Ends With You? Because that game is awesome. I love it. I love it so much...

Oh and I bought stuff. I bought my first anime titty game in a good long while, 4 Goddesses Online. It's aggressively fine. Like the most fine game I have played in good long while. Probably since I bought my last anime titty game. So I will likely end up with the platinum. Mostly because it's apparently short and mindless. It plays like a really not good Kingdom Hearts except the party AI is way too aggressive and just wrecks everything for you. But it's really relaxing. Probably because it's mindless. And has lots of fanservice. My wife judged me because instantly determined which of the 4 goddesses was my favorite in one glance at the cutscenes she saw :lol: .

Oh and Phase, you would be amazed at the things these kids are into. Roblox is honestly essentially the Sims from what I can tell. The appeal of the Sims for them seems to be that they are just passive while the Sims do things. They seem like they love the idea of God games but only for minutiae and mundanity because that seems cool to them, to be older. They want to see what all that is like so a game like the Sims demystifies adulthood for them. So that's where the appeal lies for them from what I can tell.
I have 4 Goddesses in my backlog, it looks like good dumb fun. :) And you're the main reason I'm looking for Neo, that recommendation you gave makes me want to give it a go.

As for Sims, kids aren't the only ones who love it - Tam gets hooked on it at least once a year it seems. The main draw for her is just designing the characters & houses, she gives herself unlimited money and just comes up with crazy houses. Then she starts playing the actual game a little, gets bored & starts making new characters & a new house. :lol: It's a sickness.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:20 am As for Sims, kids aren't the only ones who love it - Tam gets hooked on it at least once a year it seems. The main draw for her is just designing the characters & houses, she gives herself unlimited money and just comes up with crazy houses. Then she starts playing the actual game a little, gets bored & starts making new characters & a new house. :lol: It's a sickness.
My daughter does the exact same thing. :lol:
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:24 amI bought my first anime titty game in a good long while, 4 Goddesses Online. It's aggressively fine. Like the most fine game I have played in good long while. Probably since I bought my last anime titty game. So I will likely end up with the platinum. Mostly because it's apparently short and mindless. It plays like a really not good Kingdom Hearts except the party AI is way too aggressive and just wrecks everything for you. But it's really relaxing. Probably because it's mindless. And has lots of fanservice. My wife judged me because instantly determined which of the 4 goddesses was my favorite in one glance at the cutscenes she saw :lol: .
Oh, this is a Cyberdimension Neptunia game. I just skimmed some video reviews, and it looks like a fun action hack-and-slash game with cute anime girls. It’s currently on sale at the PS Store, so I’m going to buy it.

By the way, which of the four goddesses is your favorite? Based on the gameplay footage that I’ve seen, I expect Noire to be my favorite since she’s goth.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Sweet argyle, I hope you find and enjoy Neo ;) !

Oh and Phase, it's clearly Vert is my favorite for very, very obvious reasons. My wife judged me harshly :P. I played the other Neptunia action game on Vita and played it almost exclusively as her even if though you had like 7 or 8 characters mostly because she looks like a full grown adult woman and of course that one was way sleazier. You lost armor when you took too many hits but got stronger. It was uncomfortable to play on the train where I usually play my Vita.Thankfully, that is not a mechanic in this game. My wife would actually take issue with that.

I am now curious to see what path the kiddo charges down with the Sims...
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

All right, friends, I am here to seek your guidance. PSN is having a sale on indie games... and there are over 1,000 listed. I already grabbed Wattam and Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. Anything else there you strongly recommend??

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/cat ... ff3b1728/1